Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
5,911 Posts
$1,000 a year? Mine is $502 a month and I don't have any accidents. I'm with GEICO, but if I could get it for $1,000/year with someone else, I'll change insurance carriers.
I'm 78 and a fair driving record in Northern Indiana and my Slingshot insurance is $325.00 per YEAR.

Call Dan, he has been doing a great job for a lot of us for years.

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630 phone
(832) 412-3195facsimile
[email protected]
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com

· Registered
2016 SS SL
215 Posts
$1,000 a year? Mine is $502 a month and I don't have any accidents. I'm with GEICO, but if I could get it for $1,000/year with someone else, I'll change insurance carriers.
M- I have a 16 SS SL, insured by Safeco thru Rock Creek Ins agency, Texarkana, Ark 870-774-3491. My cost is $238.00 for 12 months. I have full coverage. I have had Progressive, and Geico for my Harleys. Premiums went thru the roof. Someone told me to call Safeco. If you call the 800 number, you may get an agent that is not in your city. Stock companies like State Farm have their own agents and charge you a certain premium. Indpendent agents represent several companies that may insure SS's and you might save $$$$. Remember- premiums are not the same for every driver and every state. Good luck- hope you can save some $$$$. KEEP on SLINGIN! BTW, I worked in insurance for about 25 years as a multi-line claims representative.

· Registered
121 Posts
Just getting ready to buy our Slingshot and I am having trouble locking down insurance. No one knows how to categorize these things- car insurance does not want to insure it and I’ve tried Progressive Motorcycle and the can’t figure out what it is either. Who do you guys use for quality insurance?
Thanks!!
I have State Farm. They consider it a motorcycle

· Registered
19 Posts
State Farm insures ours as a motorcycle (in Tennessee). TN DMV designates them as an 'autocycle' as of July, 2021. Our 2017 title says it is a motorcycle. State Farm did not question what it is. Apparently it is in their system.

· Registered
1,293 Posts
$500/month???!!!??? Never heard of such a thing. When I said I'm in the 500s that is per year with one speeding ticket. That ticket should have dropped last month now that I think about it. I don't know what state you are in but Dan Herrerra who was mentioned in post #2 above writes in many of them. He's a bit hard to get on the phone sometimes but you need to do something else if you can. Several options mentioned on this thread.

· Registered
11 Posts
At $502 a month, I'd be shopping around or sell the Sling. There a ton of variables when comparing insurance premiums. State Farm has my cars, my house, my life insured. They quoted me $495 for a year. Progressive has nothing of mine insured, they quoted me $1400 for a year.

· Administrator
3,097 Posts
I'm 78 and a fair driving record in Northern Indiana and my Slingshot insurance is $325.00 per YEAR.

Call Dan, he has been doing a great job for a lot of us for years.

Dan Herrera
TWFG Insurance Services
(832) 364-6630 phone
(832) 412-3195facsimile
[email protected]
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com
Dan has a long history of getting insurance coverage for Slingshot owners when other options didn't work, which is to say he must be pretty good at his job. Generally it's best to bundle vehicle insurance through one company (as you cannot drive them all at once), but that doesn't always work so well, so in that case call Dan. If your rates are high, ask him for a quote on everything.

I haven't used him as my local agent did a great job, but quite a few other members have had excellent outcomes with Dan. (just giving feedback, I get nothing from this but hopefully you benefit)

· Registered
1,293 Posts
The best insurance I've found for non-daily drivers is Hagerty. Since they only insure non-dailys the rates are far better than other insurers for multiple vehicles. I have 6 vehicles insured with them for about $1,200 year (I think - I keep adding vehicles). Once I established a policy, new additions are between $100-$200/year. Every time I contact them I ask if they insure the Slingshot. They do not. So everyone who owns a Slingshot do us all a favor and CALL HAGERTY AND ASK IF THEY INSURE THE SLINGSHOT! I know they insure motorcycles so it's not inconceivable that they would add it, but after 8 model years I'm guessing there's a reason it's not on the roster.

· Registered
4 Posts
I use Auto-Owners, since I paid cash to purchase my 2018 they only charge me $50.00 to store it in the Winter. Which in Michigan can start in November and go to April. Never had to put in a claim on the Slingshot but two auto's where totaled and received my checks in 2 days for each.

· Registered
2019 Slingshot
13 Posts
M- I have a 16 SS SL, insured by Safeco thru Rock Creek Ins agency, Texarkana, Ark 870-774-3491. My cost is $238.00 for 12 months. I have full coverage. I have had Progressive, and Geico for my Harleys. Premiums went thru the roof. Someone told me to call Safeco. If you call the 800 number, you may get an agent that is not in your city. Stock companies like State Farm have their own agents and charge you a certain premium. Indpendent agents represent several companies that may insure SS's and you might save $$$$. Remember- premiums are not the same for every driver and every state. Good luck- hope you can save some $$$$. KEEP on SLINGIN! BTW, I worked in insurance for about 25 years as a multi-line claims representative.
I live in Texarkana, Arkansas, and I am with Safeco, and the agent that I am with is in Salt Lake City, Utah!

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey all, thanks so much for putting me in touch with Dan! He saved me over $500 with lower deductibles. He has my business now and since we have a lot of insurance needs, we are going to have him look at all our policies (auto/homes/umbrellas). Really classy guy and very attentive/ knowledgeable. I can now use that $500 on some new mods 😆

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Talk to Dan...he's in Texas but can write in lots of states. Dose very well for lots of us.
View attachment 188226
[email protected]
Unfortunately Dan has not been doing a very good job for me recently. I am not sure what is happening with him, but he is not responsive and has failed to get back with me regarding writing policies for my other vehicles. I cannot recommend him as an agent and am not renewing with his company.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts