Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the batt in my '18 run down a couple of times. Once I had left a GPS plugged in for several days, and after that it had set for a week or two. It takes a charge and may be ok but I intend to take it to AZ and have it tested.

I have no need for a larger battery and don't want to bother trying to fit one. Looking online I found one Yuasa a bit stronger that seems to be the right size. It is 32amp/500cca and OEM is 30/400. No sure any of this matters a great deal, but thought I'd toss it out for general interest.

https://www.yuasabatteries.com/battery/gyz32hl/

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I wanted to research the specs for the battery you listed(just out of general curiosity since I have a 2015 Slingshot), but quickly remembered how much I hate websites that don't want to allow me to search for a part w/o telling them what vehicle I want it for. Both AutoZone and Oreilly wouldn't let me search w/o providing vehicle info. I'm old enough to take responsibility for determining I know what I'm looking for!
I'd assume that battery will work and found prices for what appeared to be equivalent batteries ranging from under $100 to $200+.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
BKL: didn't the '15 have a car battery and in '16 and beyond Polaris put in the smaller motorcycle one to save weight?
The one I list above has virtually the exact same dimensions as the OEM which I believe is this one:
Yes. In the latter half of 2016, Polaris switched from a heavier car-type battery to one sized for motorcycles.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Seems like if you filter by Slingshot on their site it actually pulls this on up and the stock OEM version. Seems like a direct replacement and newer technology. Win win in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts