Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see a lot of posts about people getting mad about lack of communication and deadlines not being met. However, it seems that all these rumored dates are just that, rumors. I heard from a guy who knows someone who works for Polaris that said this. My dealer has said from the late July launch that they would be here around the end of October. They've had their rep come in many times saying the same thing, late October. Nothing has changed and everyone is getting pissy about rumored dates going by without solid info.

Now, why doesn't this bother me as much as anyone else. Because I have a deposit on two vehicles now. But first I'll say this. I had a Lotus Exige at the beginning of this year and it caught fire while I was driving it. So I've been w/o a sports car since May. I do have other toys though. Anyway, I have the deposit on the SS and an Alfa Romeo 4C. I've had the deposit on the Alfa since April and the car was supposed to arrive in June, then August, then early Sept, then end of 3rd quarter. It's been delayed for 5 months now and the worst part is, there are only 500 of a certain model coming and I had no idea if I would get one or not. Now I've received a call from AR US saying they have a car designated for me and it will be here in 90 days. But, info from another forum I belong to, shows pics of the car stateside. I want my car now, I want my SS now, but it looks like I have $100k worth of vehicles coming in during a Chicago winter. It sucks, but Polaris had not jacked anyone around like AR US. So far the SS release looks to go as planned from day 1.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Maybe the dealers are not speaking for Polaris (but they should be) and they have given too damn many bogus dates. If Polaris can demand that dealers purchase those crazy expensive displays, they can insist that they give customers official company delivery dates.

OK, my last word on the subject!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sold cars for 3 years and Motorcycles for 6. That was almost 10 years ago. There was a statement we used in the industry. If their lips are moving, they are lying. Went for the salesman as well as the customer. I have no issue with people getting anxious, as I am one of those people. But my dealer has said, from day 1, late Oct. My dealer is Nielsens Enterprises in Lake Villa, Il and I can't say anything bad about them. They have always been honest. However, I must say that I've called them twice with rumors I've read based off this forum. The last word from them was they expected 1 unit in by end of next week. That falls in line with the end of Oct. However, they did say from the beginning they thought they'd get 3 right away, and now they think it will be 1 at first followed by 2. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will get one and actually be able to drive it before the snow falls. I don't care if it's 30 degrees outside, I'll go buy heated gear and drive around with a shit eating grin.

·
Vendor
5,412 Posts
I see a lot of posts about people getting mad about lack of communication and deadlines not being met. However, it seems that all these rumored dates are just that, rumors. I heard from a guy who knows someone who works for Polaris that said this. My dealer has said from the late July launch that they would be here around the end of October. They've had their rep come in many times saying the same thing, late October. Nothing has changed and everyone is getting pissy about rumored dates going by without solid info.

Now, why doesn't this bother me as much as anyone else. Because I have a deposit on two vehicles now. But first I'll say this. I had a Lotus Exige at the beginning of this year and it caught fire while I was driving it. So I've been w/o a sports car since May. I do have other toys though. Anyway, I have the deposit on the SS and an Alfa Romeo 4C. I've had the deposit on the Alfa since April and the car was supposed to arrive in June, then August, then early Sept, then end of 3rd quarter. It's been delayed for 5 months now and the worst part is, there are only 500 of a certain model coming and I had no idea if I would get one or not. Now I've received a call from AR US saying they have a car designated for me and it will be here in 90 days. But, info from another forum I belong to, shows pics of the car stateside. I want my car now, I want my SS now, but it looks like I have $100k worth of vehicles coming in during a Chicago winter. It sucks, but Polaris had not jacked anyone around like AR US. So far the SS release looks to go as planned from day 1.
Congrats on the 4C. Beautiful car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts