Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midlife crisis purchase? Meh, maybe.
Badass runabout on mountain roads? WAY likely!
But, butt...

I'm 6'2" and, *ahem*, 325ish. GT OFF MY BACK! I'M WORKIN ON IT!
Being a big lad, what are my fellow SS-o-philes thoughts on cockpit comfort for big guys? Will there be enough room to function and enjoy the ride?

Gotta go jog around the block a few more times. ttyl
-DS-

·
Registered
843 Posts
Midlife crisis purchase? Meh, maybe.
Badass runabout on mountain roads? WAY likely!
But, butt...

I'm 6'2" and, *ahem*, 325ish. GT OFF MY BACK! I'M WORKIN ON IT!
Being a big lad, what are my fellow SS-o-philes thoughts on cockpit comfort for big guys? Will there be enough room to function and enjoy the ride?

Gotta go jog around the block a few more times. ttyl
-DS-
The SS is a open cockpit...
it can slide, and the backrest moves forward and backward. The steering column also adjust a bit down or up. The seat width seems very wide so I think you can have fun even though you're not a featherweight!

But in a T-Rex ... forget it! lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again! That video puts me at ease a bit. I'm also eagerly awaiting the Elio. I've not put a deposit on that...i've not got 100% faith in the Elio coming to market. The Slingshot on the other hand...:)
Thanks for that video!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks again! That video puts me at ease a bit. I'm also eagerly awaiting the Elio. I've not put a deposit on that...i've not got 100% faith in the Elio coming to market. The Slingshot on the other hand...:)
Thanks for that video!
You should be worried about having a lot of trouble you sit in a ELIO than in the SS ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The seat inthe Elio looks like it slides back further and the cockpit looks roomier. I'm still getting an Elio a year or two after launch and that's even IF it launches.

The dealers in Scottsdale, AZ (where I am) should have demo Slingshots later this month and units for sale in Oct.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The seat inthe Elio looks like it slides back further and the cockpit looks roomier. I'm still getting an Elio a year or two after launch and that's even IF it launches.

The dealers in Scottsdale, AZ (where I am) should have demo Slingshots later this month and units for sale in Oct.
Yep! You will have your answer at this time! Hope you will feel comfortable!!;)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm about 6' and 225, but I thought the ride was very comfortable. There's room for elbows, and you can shift your legs around if you need to.
No to mention all the great adjustables.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm about 6' and 225, but I thought the ride was very comfortable. There's room for elbows, and you can shift your legs around if you need to.
Thanks Kip -- this is great to hear! Especially since I'm 6' and 225!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, I am 5 10 250 and 76 years old. I was concerned about the comfort and even if it was easy to get into. . Clips on this thread show people getting in and out, and doesn't look like a problem.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks, I am 5 10 250 and 76 years old. I was concerned about the comfort and even if it was easy to get into. . Clips on this thread show people getting in and out, and doesn't look like a problem.
When you consider how low the vehicle is and add to that the lower height of the vehicle sides, egress is not bad on the SS.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now that I think about it; I didn't weigh much more than I do now when I had my Corvette C5. This might be ENTIRELY do-able!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts