Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
We send them out to be done. The pinstripes is over the OEM paint. I can ask DJ for more info.
Would you mind sharing a few references so I can ask others if they have had similar issues. I'm really set on these rims and would like some sort of reassurance before dropping 3k on something that's going to be a disappointment. I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Would you mind sharing a few references so I can ask others if they have had similar issues. I'm really set on these rims and would like some sort of reassurance before dropping 3k on something that's going to be a disappointment. I thank you in advance.
iNewton posted in January and no one else has mentioned similar issues. XO wheels have been sold for the SS for over a year from several resellers. Maybe another forum member can chime in on their experience with XO Wheels?

A set of XO with a decent set of tires are around $1800 plus shipping.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That would be great if someone else could chime in. Thanks joker.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Perhaps it was from driving on roads that had a lot of salt and sand from the winter if the post was put up in [email protected]

·
Registered
873 Posts
We don't drive our SS in winter here in Canada, we live under 3 feet of snow until May, so its not the salt.

Indeed I confirm that I have not bought these rims from Joker, and the rims look amazing.

They are on the heavy side but of course they are 20 inch by 12 inch wide for tge rear and 19 by 9.5 inch for the front so its to be expected that it will be heavier than stock wheels, which are pretty light for the base model. I would still suggest getting an adjustable suspension to deal with the added unsprung weight of these wheels.

The finish I have is mat black. From experience, I always felt mat paint was easier to chip than normal paint and clear. This may or may not apply to other colors of the rim, I don't know.

Also, if the rim gets the paint removed and repainted, then this is a moot point, which is what will end up happening to mine once the R888 I have on them are gone and need to be replaced.

Would still purchase these again, but in silver version instead and leave as is. I have also seen copper colored version that I found looked great.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We don't drive our SS in winter here in Canada, we live under 3 feet of snow until May, so its not the salt.

Indeed I confirm that I have not bought these rims from Joker, and the rims look amazing.

They are on the heavy side but of course they are 20 inch by 12 inch wide for tge rear and 19 by 9.5 inch for the front so its to be expected that it will be heavier than stock wheels, which are pretty light for the base model. I would still suggest getting an adjustable suspension to deal with the added unsprung weight of these wheels.

The finish I have is mat black. From experience, I always felt mat paint was easier to chip than normal paint and clear. This may or may not apply to other colors of the rim, I don't know.

Also, if the rim gets the paint removed and repainted, then this is a moot point, which is what will end up happening to mine once the R888 I have on them are gone and need to be replaced.

Would still purchase these again, but in silver version instead and leave as is. I have also seen copper colored version that I found looked great.
Thank you for the information. What did you experience with the added weight of the rims? Would it be a rougher ride or perhaps not as responsive in the corners? I'm hoping to not have to modify the suspension... and I especially don't want to hear my girlfriend complaining in the passenger seat next to me that the new rims make the ride uncomfortable for her pain in the ass self.

·
Registered
873 Posts
@Speedr117
Don't know about rain, I don't run my SS in the wet sorry... Rear is 315/30r20 and fronts are 265/30r19 on top of my head, not sure if its 30 or 35.

I wouldn't recommend the R888 for street use, its a waste of cash. They are just ok tires when temps are at street levels. They become super sticky in track conditions you will never be able to reproduce on the street, no matter how aggressive you think you drive. On the track, they are amazing. The grip is close to infinite, and they handle abuse no problem.

@uglyrider954
Its not that the ride becomes rough, its actually the oposite. The heavier wheels make the stock suspension less reactive. Makes you feel like the frame is pulled in all directions and very twitchy on bumps.

Mind you I am running this setup for track use, and having 265 tires on the front will not help with tracking on uneven surfaces. That's why I run my base wheels on the street with AD08 tires all around, 235 on front 295 on rear. Much more stable on the street, but can't touch the R888 on the track these tires stick like superglue. They also melt like butter lol

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,155 Posts
Thank you for the information. What did you experience with the added weight of the rims? Would it be a rougher ride or perhaps not as responsive in the corners? I'm hoping to not have to modify the suspension... and I especially don't want to hear my girlfriend complaining in the passenger seat next to me that the new rims make the ride uncomfortable for her pain in the ass self.
I cant explain how much smoother and better handling mine is with the JRI adjustables. The difference in just daily driving over bumps and pot holes is amazing, the oem are really inefficient for this machine. Get the PRP seats and your GF will thank you. I let mine sit in other seats to see before buying and got the green light instantly when she sat in the PRP.

·
Registered
280 Posts
@Speedr117
Don't know about rain, I don't run my SS in the wet sorry... Rear is 315/30r20 and fronts are 265/30r19 on top of my head, not sure if its 30 or 35.

I wouldn't recommend the R888 for street use, its a waste of cash. They are just ok tires when temps are at street levels. They become super sticky in track conditions you will never be able to reproduce on the street, no matter how aggressive you think you drive. On the track, they are amazing. The grip is close to infinite, and they handle abuse no problem.

@uglyrider954
Its not that the ride becomes rough, its actually the oposite. The heavier wheels make the stock suspension less reactive. Makes you feel like the frame is pulled in all directions and very twitchy on bumps.

Mind you I am running this setup for track use, and having 265 tires on the front will not help with tracking on uneven surfaces. That's why I run my base wheels on the street with AD08 tires all around, 235 on front 295 on rear. Much more stable on the street, but can't touch the R888 on the track these tires stick like superglue. They also melt like butter lol
Some good info.
I cant explain how much smoother and better handling mine is with the JRI adjustables. The difference in just daily driving over bumps and pot holes is amazing, the oem are really inefficient for this machine. Get the PRP seats and your GF will thank you. I let mine sit in other seats to see before buying and got the green light instantly when she sat in the PRP.
Awesome! I will be researching this later do you have any sources to buy them from?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Some good info.

Awesome! I will be researching this later do you have any sources to buy them from?
Suspension 1st tires 2nd. Saying Stock suspension is crap is an insult to crap. Its really not good, no matter what awsome tire you install.

JRI, Bilstein etc, for street use, they will be very close, would be hard pressed to find the difference. Go with the better deal. Don't lower your SS more than 1/2 an inch, handling will suck, and your belt will possibly skip from being too loose. You want your fron A-Arm to be level (parallel) with the ground when the SS is resting and same for the rear, you don't want the arm to go up while SS is level and resting, you want it parallel to the ground.

Anyways, this is what I figured from testing my custom SCALE shocks, I am pretty sure it applies to all suspension setups.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Suspension 1st tires 2nd. Saying Stock suspension is crap is an insult to crap. Its really not good, no matter what awsome tire you install.

JRI, Bilstein etc, for street use, they will be very close, would be hard pressed to find the difference. Go with the better deal. Don't lower your SS more than 1/2 an inch, handling will suck, and your belt will possibly skip from being too loose. You want your fron A-Arm to be level (parallel) with the ground when the SS is resting and same for the rear, you don't want the arm to go up while SS is level and resting, you want it parallel to the ground.

Anyways, this is what I figured from testing my custom SCALE shocks, I am pretty sure it applies to all suspension setups.
Any input on the qa1 coilovers? I see a few of the guys on the Forum here have installed them. I'm going to be running 22 x 10 rims on the back and 20 x 9 and the front I haven't figured out tire configurations yet. I'm not going to be racing on a track or anything I just like the lowered look and obviously want something that'll handle the bumps nicely as well without spending $1800.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I haven't tested them myself, but they seem to get good reviews. They are not plug and play though, some modifications to the shock end needs to be made in order for the shock to fit I think.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,155 Posts
Some good info.

@Slingking has a couple suspension videos comparing shocks if you search or he will chime in here soon.
@SlingMods has seats and suspension and superior service,
Cycle springs has them as well, so check them all out.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We offer various suspension options from QA1 and JRI, plus Air suspensions from Ridetech and hydraulic from JRI. We have PRP, NRG, sparcos, and custom OEM seats. PM me for more info and forum pricing.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts