Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
accident caused by my choice of shoes sunday thought I would run up to the farmers market had on my sandels a bit too big two cars stoped because some one wanted to stop traffic to let church nuts out of a parking lot as I let go of the gas and moved to the brake my shoe got hung under the brake by the time I got it in un hung it was too late for stopping so I went to option 2 I aimed her between the two cars and took em bouth out called a flat bed and took the SS to the dealer the dealer said it would take $21000 to fix her and he did not want to do it told me to get it out of his shop so bottom line guys watch the shoes you wear when driving your SS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yup. Drove once with thongs (feet wear... get your minds out of the street and back in the gutter where they belong...) and quickly realized it was not a smart move. I always use laced shoes with rubber soles now.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Vendor
663 Posts
accident caused by my choice of shoes sunday thought I would run up to the farmers market had on my sandels a bit too big two cars stoped because some one wanted to stop traffic to let church nuts out of a parking lot as I let go of the gas and moved to the brake my shoe got hung under the brake by the time I got it in un hung it was too late for stopping so I went to option 2 I aimed her between the two cars and took em bouth out called a flat bed and took the SS to the dealer the dealer said it would take $21000 to fix her and he did not want to do it told me to get it out of his shop so bottom line guys watch the shoes you wear when driving your SS
Maybe there is some more damage underneath, but that does not look like $21K worth of damage, might want to get another opinion somewhere else. Glad you are ok though!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Boy do I know how that is.....size 14 extra wide.....first test drive had my Harley boots on and I was pushing on gas for brake stumbling all over myself.....I don't know who they thought was going to be driving these things but it wasn't me....anyways I bought some racing shoes $107 to the door and I love um....narrow but grippy sole and the leather is soft and supple ...feels good to wear....never had a problem again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys and gals update the dealer wanted no part of fixing my SS there all smiles when you buy but have a problem and there assholes told me to get the SS out of there shop so my boy got a flatbed and we inched her on took her to his shop and what do you know because I aimed her between two cars I only bent 4 control arms and the steering rods one tire will have her fixed when the parts get here bought 3 tires and wheels on ebay $500 control arms are about $130 each stering box $450 but will sell the part I do not need on ebay and the damn dealer wrote an estement of $21000 as I always say

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,076 Posts
I like the hood graphic. Foreshadowing.

Sorry for your loss, that sucks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Maybe there is some more damage underneath, but that does not look like $21K worth of damage, might want to get another opinion somewhere else. Glad you are ok though!
Not surprised by the 21k quote, because LABOR is a Bytch so they say .....Do the work on your own it may be 5-7k tops, If that IJS

·
Registered
224 Posts
The dealer only said $21k because they didn’t want to do it.

I wear flip-flops a lot in the summer and I take them off and put them in the floor board behind my feet, in front of the seat, and drive barefooted. I do that with my shoes in a car or truck too sometimes. Driving barefoot being illegal is just an old wives tale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel bad that this issue happened to you, I hope you are good right now. I recommend you for the future wear only comfortable shoes if you are driving much. Personally, I wear the Jordan 1 shoes every day and find this model very comfortable for driving, I spend around 8 hours in the car, so I know the importance of wearing comfortable shoes. I hope you will be able to restore your care and will have a good payment from your insurance company. Have a great day, gents!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts