Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I managed to install the header and exhaust in 2.5hrs with a buddy. really simple job. Why not tackle it your self int he garage?

I used a wheel ramp for the rear wheel and managed to get everything installed without lifting the front end.
The spirit is willing but the body won't listen. Getting ancient sucks! Add sub-freezing temperatures, arthritis and diabetic nerve damage to the mix and you have a reason to let someone else tackle these things.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Piece of cake. The exhaust is time consuming though snaking it through the transmission tunnel to the back.
I wish there was a fellow Slingshot owner who has done this install and would be close by. I would rather pay him.....

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I wish there was a fellow Slingshot owner who has done this install and would be close by. I would rather pay him.....
Hey ****, put your general location in your profile and you might get some offers. ;-)

(Free offers. I personally would never charge somebody to help them out except for a burrito and two beers after we are done). :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just a quick tip.

When installing the 1320 header it can get a little tight at times depending on the slingshot. I have been removing the lower nut from the passenger size of the engine mount. Then carefully jack/ lift/ push the engine just enough to help slip the header in place.
This trick has saved me some time and headache.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey ****, put your general location in your profile and you might get some offers. ;-)

(Free offers. I personally would never charge somebody to help them

Iout.xcept for a burrito and two beers after we are done). :)

(Free offers. I personally would never charge somebody to help them out except for a burrito and two beers after we are done). :)
Thanks for the suggestion. Did it but not expecting much. When I first moved here 8 years ago, I mentioned to a
local that we had just moved into the area and he cocked his head to the side and said "so you're the ones. Most people move out".....

·
Registered
989 Posts
I am not sure what is going on with the different replies but for some reason my headers could not be installed as some have said. Next time I will do what Jeff suggests and lift the engine a bit, I would not need more than 1/8" to clear the frame. Mine is a 2016.5 SL so I am wondering if there was some changes or, if the frame was just jigged up a bit off.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
All Slingshots are a bit unique. Jigs seem to change slightly over time (for good or bad?) and many people have commented on slight differences when installing aftermarket parts.

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
I am not sure what is going on with the different replies but for some reason my headers could not be installed as some have said. Next time I will do what Jeff suggests and lift the engine a bit, I would not need more than 1/8" to clear the frame. Mine is a 2016.5 SL so I am wondering if there was some changes or, if the frame was just jigged up a bit off.
I remember reading a member had an issue with a motor that sat too far to the passenger side. He took a bar clamp :
upload_2017-1-3_10-58-2.jpeg
and reversed the handles so it pushed outwards instead of clamping inwards. He put a wooden block on the motor and one on the passenger side of the frame. He cranked the motor over about half an inch and dropped in the header. You could try that. The motor mounts do have a good amount of play in them.

·
Registered
989 Posts
That makes sense. I also noticed that when I installed the after market heat shielding that I had no problem with clerance for the Alpha veriable exhaust tip, unlike the install video that show some of the heat shielding need to be cut away.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
The Top 10 Things to Do in Milford - TripAdvisor

There's nothing to do in Milford worth your time. Your best option is to consider another vacation destination.

:eek:
That was one of the reasons we retired here. Minimal tourists until you get about 15 miles south to Rehoboth Beach. Having been born and lived 56 years in the Pocono Mountains, the last thing we wanted was the seasonal population swells. Yes, for sure don't come to Milford Delaware and expect to be entertained..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts