Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my initial ride. Wet and windy but it felt like it belongs in the cold for all you snow machine guys. First I picked it up in a trailer yesterday (best day of the week) and brought it home. Short ride around the block. No ins card yet. Today full blown ride. It was wet so putting the pedal to the metal was out. This thing has torque and is tight. The shifting was like butter. The rpms do act up a little on downshifting but nothing to worry about. Belt whine yes but that is something to deal with. My Boss Hoss belt whines a little off and on and I put a little lip balm on the side and it stops for awhile. Didn't try that on the SS yet. It was absolutely awesome. I'm envious of all you South living guys. Take your time putting gas in, it will slop at full on. The workmanship could use a little attention, but you forget about that when your driving. I am jazzed and at 64 that's something. Also I will post a pick for you guys that are XXXL. I am 6'1" 300 lbs and 13 shoe. Cockpit size was no issue. A little knee bend but fine.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Awesome! THanks for the details! I'm crossing my fingers that mine comes in Tomorrow/Tuesday....before it gets really cold again here.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Praying for tomorrow my friend!! Longest 2 days of my life it turns out
Leaving after my 10 am meeting Monday to Norfolk and back to Omaha. Then if all is right, to KC. If not leaving 7 am Tue for 10-12 arrival at your house. Latest arrival noon on Tuesday. How is that for a time frame. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just finished my initial ride. Wet and windy but it felt like it belongs in the cold for all you snow machine guys. First I picked it up in a trailer yesterday (best day of the week) and brought it home. Short ride around the block. No ins card yet. Today full blown ride. It was wet so putting the pedal to the metal was out. This thing has torque and is tight. The shifting was like butter. The rpms do act up a little on downshifting but nothing to worry about. Belt whine yes but that is something to deal with. My Boss Hoss belt whines a little off and on and I put a little lip balm on the side and it stops for awhile. Didn't try that on the SS yet. It was absolutely awesome. I'm envious of all you South living guys. Take your time putting gas in, it will slop at full on. The workmanship could use a little attention, but you forget about that when your driving. I am jazzed and at 64 that's something. Also I will post a pick for you guys that are XXXL. I am 6'1" 300 lbs and 13 shoe. Cockpit size was no issue. A little knee bend but fine.[
SS 11-23-14.jpg

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Glad to see the amount of room. Bigger guy here as well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts