Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my deposit down last Saturday, was told I was 9th on the list and it could be a month or two. Just got a call from my dealer today that my SS was in. Yeah, can't wait to pick it up this weekend! I am soon psyched!:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Where are you located? did they really get that many in or did a bunch of people fall of the list? I haven't hear of any dealer getting that many units yet.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sometimes financing falls through and you move up the line .Have fun. Hoping the 12 in front of me run out of money .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you located? did they really get that many in or did a bunch of people fall of the list? I haven't hear of any dealer getting that many units yet.
I live in Gilbert (Phoenix area). The dealership is Victory BMW of Chandler. I think they are a little high in fees ($1098 shipping, $688 setup and $400 doc fees), but they are giving me a fair deal on my trade (2014 Chieftain).

·
Registered
186 Posts
There was just a post about another dealer having 4 available to sell and I think they were in Phoenix area too. You might check to see if they're cheaper before you sign the papers.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I just put my deposit down last Saturday, was told I was 9th on the list and it could be a month or two. Just got a call from my dealer today that my SS was in. Yeah, can't wait to pick it up this weekend! I am soon psyched!:)
Polaris said they were working double time to deliver the majority of pre-orders before the end of the year. This is a very good sign that it will happen, congratulations Eman!:)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Polaris said they were working double time to deliver the majority of pre-orders before the end of the year. This is a very good sign that it will happen, congratulations Eman!:)
Actually it doesn't mean anything for sure. We don't know if they've actually delivered 8 units and are getting to him at number 9 or if everyone else told em to go pound sand because they're hosing customers on the price.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I live in Gilbert (Phoenix area). The dealership is Victory BMW of Chandler. I think they are a little high in fees ($1098 shipping, $688 setup and $400 doc fees), but they are giving me a fair deal on my trade (2014 Chieftain).
He's just giving you back your over payment to make you feel good.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That might explain everything! No complaint if it makes you happy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up getting my SL today....yeah! It tuned out alright as the dealer did me good on my trade (2014 Chieftain).
Apparently my dealer had 7 of them come in last night and my name was on one of them. :)
Number 851.
Supposed to be raining all day tomorrow though...thanks for that California.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts