Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran into this product on Slingmods - a Rear Wind Deflector by a company called Wind restrictor.

Etched Illuminated WindRestrictor® Brand Rear Wind Deflector for the Polaris Slingshot

Seems to be approx a month old on Slingmods.

Looks cool but there are so far no comments on it.

I'm tempted to purchase one but I'm curious what folks think about it.

Is it a little too much "bling"? Too flashy?

What if I simply engrave a small Slingshot logo on the top (instead of the flames and eagles and such) - would it still look a little too flashy?

There are claims of reducing noise in the cockpit - but I'm really only buying it for the looks. Not entirely sure I would light it up every time I'm driving though (I'm hoping there's an "off" switch)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me it was, my wife didn't think so and wanted etching, I was concerned with being able to see through it as well. We did Go for the changing color optics....almost considered having them etch my company logo in....the shot gets so many looks it probably would have been a good idea......

I'm contemplating just doing a Slingshot logo in the center - wanted it generic enough that someone later on would have interest in purchasing it from me.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Uh-oh - are there any legalities in actually driving it while lit, in some states?
At one time, I caught grief with red clearance lights on truck because the red could be seen from the front. (Should be amber) Blue might be a problem as some Police in NY are using blue/red mix now.
They can break your balls for anything if they want to.. (wouldn't stop me from using windscreen)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At one time, I caught grief with red clearance lights on truck because the red could be seen from the front. (Should be amber) Blue might be a problem as some Police in NY are using blue/red mix now.
They can break your balls for anything if they want to.. (wouldn't stop me from using windscreen)
Ah...makes sense - but even with multi-color options - if Blue/Red are cop targets - that only leaves...the white light? That doesn't even blend in with any other lights on the Slingshot - unless of course you only have it lighted when reversing :(

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
So I ran into this product on Slingmods - a Rear Wind Deflector by a company called Wind restrictor.

Etched Illuminated WindRestrictor® Brand Rear Wind Deflector for the Polaris Slingshot

Seems to be approx a month old on Slingmods.

Looks cool but there are so far no comments on it.

I'm tempted to purchase one but I'm curious what folks think about it.

Is it a little too much "bling"? Too flashy?

What if I simply engrave a small Slingshot logo on the top (instead of the flames and eagles and such) - would it still look a little too flashy?

There are claims of reducing noise in the cockpit - but I'm really only buying it for the looks. Not entirely sure I would light it up every time I'm driving though (I'm hoping there's an "off" switch)
I think they look pretty cool. I will wait for some feed back from others who have installed it before deciding to add it to my list. One problem I see for me already. I was planning on getting the Madstad Stinger roof. Website says it's not compatible with the Madstad.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think they look pretty cool. I will wait for some feed back from others who have installed it before deciding to add it to my list. One problem I see for me already. I was planning on getting the Madstad Stinger roof. Website says it's not compatible with the Madstad.
Someone else on the forum installed one a few weeks ago and seemed to be pretty happy with it, said it definitely made a difference in the pit.

Yea I saw that for the stinger, looks like a no go for you...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Someone else on the forum installed one a few weeks ago and seemed to be pretty happy with it, said it definitely made a difference in the pit.

Yea I saw that for the stinger, looks like a no go for you...
The way the Stinger mounts is a problem with several add-ons. I love that wing that mounts to the roll bars. Can't do that with the Stinger. Also some of the luggage rack option mount there as well. I guess you pick your one favorite mod and do the others another way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have one ordered. Have not decided exactly what to have etched on it just yet, but I don't like any of the standard etchings as they seem a bit too much for my liking. I don't want it to be over the top, but I am buying it mostly for the reduced turbulence in the cockpit. From everything I can gather it helps greatly with that and does not create drag, or so they say. There are video's on the web site that explain how it works. You also have to buy a switch if you want to be able to turn it on an off or adjust the illumination....although it does not show up any at all during the day and just looks like it is clear.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,850 Posts
Saw one last week...during the day it's pretty easy to see through, even etched. Can't comment on wind noise or drag that it creates.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered a plain-Jane with no etching and no lights. Mainly to reduce noise and turbulence in the cockpit. Hopefully there will be no legal problems. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have one, etched, and like it. I note, it is also now compatible with the Stinger roof. My only comment, the top cuts visibility, and then the etching cuts it more, I've had three in my life, one for a Porsche, one Mercedes SLK, and now the Sling. Very good quality. Did cut exhaust fumes based on 150 miles or so to date (I am boosted with Welter sidekick,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.