Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice for Polaris to at least give us a roundabout date that we can expect them to arrive in showrooms. I have to schedule a knee replacement soon. I can still walk and use my knee. Its just sore as He!!. I would like to know if I could take delivery of my SS in time to drive it a few weeks before surgery. Once I get the knee I won't be able to drive it for the rest of the year. If they have no intention of delivering this month then I might as well go ahead and have the surgery. And unfortunately canceling my #1 place for the SL. I tried to call today and simply talk to someone at polaris. I tried twice. I never got a live person. I know my question isn't an important one. At the very least answer your support phone number. Is this what it will be like once we need support with our SS?

IMG_20140915_080224.JPG
IMG_20140915_080357.jpg
2014-09-21 18.41.57.jpg

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I am like everyone here and just want to get a chance to drive the SS before winter and in my case surgery. I really want to try to hold off surgery till I get a chance to drive mine. If I have surgery first then I won't need the SS till next year. And that would suck.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Looks like you are a candidate for a partial knee replacement. If that is the case, you can recover in about 4 to 6weeks if you go thru with the recommended physical therapy. I had a partial on 25 Jun and was playing softball on Aug 9. Hope they are delivered soon so you can ride before it gets to cold. Also good luck with your surgery.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
I had my knee resurfaced and restrung. Arthritis tore my life up after about two years post surgery. I've found some pain cream and rehabilitation exercises that keep me active.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good luck with the surgery. Definitely hoping we start to see these showing up at dealers in the next week or so. Winter is coming early here in the Northland so it will be the snow and cold that kills any hope of taking a cruise for the next six months.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Talk about enthusiasm for the SS! I guess we now not only have to think about QOL (quality of life) with regard to living with a painful and life disabling condition... but now also life w/o being able to enjoy a SS!
Wow, Polaris has a huge and epic success on their hands.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yes, good luck with the surgery RabTech Polaris needs to go ahead and ship my SS to me.
It is getting cold down here
BRRRRRRRRR
It will soon be too cold to ride.
Screenshot_2014-10-07-09-38-36.png

·
Registered
541 Posts
The SS is definitely going to help alot of us out. I can't ride a regular motorcycle due to injuries. That's what makes the SS so cool for alot of us. Being able to sit down and ride.
Thanks Polaris

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That weather is just plain awesome !

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow, if yall hate me over the weather, yall will want to kill me over this!
Look what I managed to get my grubby little hands on today. 1st one out of about 15.
Made out of billet aluminum, powder coated to match the SS, then clear coated.
And the best part is, It was only $40 plus shipping.
Can't beat that with a stick, LOL
imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_1.jpg

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Look what I managed to get my grubby little hands on today. 1st one out of about 15.
View attachment 1288 View attachment 1289
I don't hate you....just hate the weather in Vermont. Just venting, but that cool

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
View attachment 1288 View attachment 1289
I like 'em, but be careful with official branding. You know who might not like that.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I like 'em, but be careful with official branding. You know who might not like that.
You must forgive me Kip, you are one of the top members here , and the first member that I ever followed on the SS forums.
I will have to disagree with you on that.
The ward "slingshot" exists in the dictionary, it is considered as an object not a brand-name. Unless the person uses the logo of the vehicle or the name of the company then your say will comply.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts