Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also wonder how the machine acts with just one person riding it? With the light weigh of this machine then add just a rider to one side how does it act being 3 wheels & off set weight?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Both times I drove it I had a passenger so I can't tell you for sure, but I would guess that it being super wide and having a huge sway bar up front will help level the vehicle out when there isn't a passenger.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Dragging this thread back up since we now know the limits: 457lbs load capacity (driver+cargo).

So is anyone going to have to leave something at the house if your "big" buddy comes with you for a ride?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Dragging this thread back up since we now know the limits: 457lbs load capacity (driver+cargo).

So is anyone going to have to leave something at the house if your "big" buddy comes with you for a ride?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'll have the same issue with the SS that I have with my plane. A few of my bigger friends will not be able to go with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Today the much anticipated arrival of the Polaris Slingshot SL happened for at least 2 dealerships in Arkansas. I read on a friend's post that at least one SL was delivered to Gregory Polaris in Sherwood, AR. Then I checked my dealer's FB page and low and behold 2 SLs were delivered to Greeson's in Hot Springs, AR today. We are #2 on the list for a SL. I am hoping that the 2nd one is ours and that they are not planning on keeping it for a demo. Their original plan was to keep the base model for a demo. We live in Texas, just barely, in Texarkana, one exit from Arkansas so Greeson's is our closest dealer. We are going to register and title ours in Arkansas jointly with my husband and his father who lives in Mineral Springs, AR. There will not be anything that Texas can do to stop us from driving it with a co-owner who is a legal Arkansas resident. As long as an actual Arkansas resident is on the title, it is legal to drive in any state. They cannot stipulate who you decide to co-own property with. I wish we didn't have to go through this additional paperwork, but it's Texas that will be the loser because we will be paying our sales taxes to Arkansas as well as license and registration fees. We do most of our riding in Arkansas anyway. It is such a beautiful state with such great scenic roadways. Can you tell I was born on the Arkansas side, just 3 blocks from Texas? I learned to call the Hogs before I could walk. It is no accident that my Slingshot SL is Razorback RED!!!

Photos and videos posted on new thread I started called "Slingshot Arrives at Greeson's in Hot Springs, Arkansas!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah, I'm just over 200 and my dad is close to 270, so I'll be pushing it when I try to make him feel like crap that my SS is cooler than his bike.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I put a 400 pound guy in mine for a ride, road just fine till I tried to spin a 360 . First time the rear tire ever hooked up like that- no slip at all and put my ass in the grass ,,lol

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Surprising enough, Polaris doesn't think two "slightly above normal" weight people can be inside at the same time. The tag shows the max weight as being 1321 pounds Front, and 878 pounds rear. that totals 2199 for the maximum weight of a fully loaded slingshot. Using the 1750 figure of one without riders, that leaves 449 pounds for rider/passenger/gear combinations. So two people at 225 per and no luggage is their idea of maximum load. Surprised, but not unexpected since most bikes show their max load to be one of us without a passenger to be close to the max allowed. Maybe Polaris holds stock in Jenny Craig or something. lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Well I weigh 330. My fried weighed 270. And I have 30 to 40 pounds of sound system in it. So its actually like 640 pounds
At 175 pounds I try to keep a full tank in it just to add weight . Tire hooks up better and the ride smooth's out I think when I have a buddy riding with me .

·
Registered
251 Posts
So I've been giving my office mates rides to lunch this week. I'm 200lbs. I took a 246lb guy one day, forward and reverse no problem. Today I had a guy about 300lbs, and in reverse it revs up like if you were reving a chainsaw over and over. Reverse worked though. I went in reverse twice and it happened then when we got back and I went to park I had him get out and backed in to my spot and no problems at all.

Anyone else experience that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts