1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slingshot only has the camera free with the Clarion stereo
Starting this week!!

Noel,
I posted this thread to wire a Factory Camera that already exists on the SL/SLE models to any aftermarket source unit.

Is it the Clarion CC520 Camera??

If not, which camera is it?

Manufacturer?
Model Number?
Your camera specs:
LUX Rating?
IP Rating?
Pixels?
Resolution?
Distance Guide Lines?
If so, how many colors?
Are the Distance Guide Lines Removable?
Reverse or a true Image?
Can you change from True to Reverse Image?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike. I had finally gave up last week and wired a switch to trigger the camera on mine. Didn't know there was a wire under the TC switch. I ran a wire from the reverse lights, and try to invert the polarity, but it seemed like the voltage from the reverse light didn't have enough current to trigger the relay. It was showing 10.5V.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Mike. I had finally gave up last week and wired a switch to trigger the camera on mine. Didn't know there was a wire under the TC switch. I ran a wire from the reverse lights, and try to invert the polarity, but it seemed like the voltage from the reverse light didn't have enough current to trigger the relay. It was showing 10.5V.

Wow!! You are so close!! All you need is a better ground and better +12v ignition connection. So close!!
Please feel free to send me a message if you are still up for it and I will help you cross the finish line. I will reply with my cell number.

So Close!!!!

Mahalo,

Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nevermind

Hey Mike - sorry if you've already answered this before - but when you set up the Factory Camera to work with an aftermarket unit - did it still show the distance guide lines? Is this a feature dependent on BOTH the camera and the Receiver head unit? I'm leaning towards a Clarion receiver and I need to know if someone has actually gotten guidelines to show up on it, on any camera - factory or otherwise.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Guidelines are typically a factor of the camera. Many are not adjustable, but some are (I have a Kenwood with separate box).

Have my CMS5 hooked to an aftermarket with guidelines...not perfect but OK. Only issue is the CMS5 takes forever to boot.

I used this one Pyle PLCM12 Rearview Backup Parking Assist Camera (Waterproof Night Vision Cam, Distance Scale Line Display, Flush Mount)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Guidelines are typically a factor of the camera. Many are not adjustable, but some are (I have a Kenwood with separate box).

Have my CMS5 hooked to an aftermarket with guidelines...not perfect but OK. Only issue is the CMS5 takes forever to boot.

I used this one Pyle PLCM12 Rearview Backup Parking Assist Camera (Waterproof Night Vision Cam, Distance Scale Line Display, Flush Mount)
Thanks for the info! I took the plunge on Clarion cameras (cc520s- one for front and one for the back) , to hook up to my clarion receiver. Do you know anything about them that should make me cancel my order now? ;)

**Update - decided to return one of them and only use the other one for the front - will try to fit the Pyle into the rear housing as you suggested

·
Registered
50 Posts
what wire is under the TC switch and can you tape off the factory wire for the backup camera if you use a aftermarket camera and radio or will it be better to run new wires

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.