Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'VE BEEN ABLE TO REACH A COMPANY THAT CAN MAKE A TALLER BLADE WINDSHIELD. I TOOK HIM OUT FOR A RIDE IN MINE, HE WAS HIGHLY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE HEIGHT OF THE STOCK BLADE. WHAT I COULD USE FROM YOU GUYS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN A 3" OVER STOCK SHIELD TO EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS HERE. I'VE INVITED HIM TO COME ABOARD THE FORUM TO SEE WHAT TYPE OF INPUT THERE IS. I WILL BE USING MINE TO FIT TEST. THERE'S QUITE A BIT OF INVESTMENT FOR TOOLING AND MOLDS. I PLACED AN ATTACHED PLEXI MARKED OFF IN INCHES TO DETERMINE A GOOD HEIGHT. HE COULD REALLY USE SUPPORT IN THIS . THANX FELLOW SS MEMBERS.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I want a taller windshield also, but I want a auto windshield with wipers as my SS will be driven in inclimate weather. I also plan on having a roof on it both for bad weather and hot sunny days.
It'll be a convertible roof, fast up or down.

·
Registered
513 Posts
3 inches will be right at my eye level or slightly above. Sorry but i can't stand staring at the top of the windshield on every ride. For me is either go higher than 3 in or Stock height works just fine. .

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 inches will be right at my eye level or slightly above. Sorry but i can't stand staring at the top of the windshield on every ride. For me is either go higher than 3 in or Stock height works just fine. .
HOW TALL ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU PREFER? TRYING TO DIAL IN INPUT.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Funny you say that. We have been also working on a taller windshield. And I'm 6-2 and said this same thing. The other guys in the shop are 6ft and lower so we all have had in put. And one big this was "why do I want the look at the edge of the windshield while I drive. So I have the same thoughts on this whole hight thing. There will be new windshields to come. Aftermarket parts are just starting to fly.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you say that. We have been also working on a taller windshield. And I'm 6-2 and said this same thing. The other guys in the shop are 6ft and lower so we all have had in put. And one big this was "why do I want the look at the edge of the windshield while I drive. So I have the same thoughts on this whole hight thing. There will be new windshields to come. Aftermarket parts are just starting to fly.
THIS IS THE KIND OF INPUT NEEDED, TOOLING AND MOLDS ARE VERY TIME CONSUMMING AND EXPENSIVE. IF UR DOING IT HE MAY NOT WANT TO CLASH. THANX

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ANYTHING OVER THE STOCK HEIGHT IS GOING TO CUT ACROSS SOMEBODY'S EYES. SO THAT MEANS ADJUSTABLE OR ONE INCH INCREMENTS IF AN IN STOCK PIECE AT THE DISTRIBUTORS OR A CUSTOM ORDER STATING UR HEIGHT.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'M NOT IN THE BIZ, i JUST NEED A TALLER W/S . I'VE GOT A PIECE OF PLEXI C-CLAMPED TO MY W/S WITH 1" INCREMENTS, GOING CRAZY , LOOKING TACKY AS HELL. I'M READY TO BY SOMETHING "RIGHT NOW" IF YOU WAIT FOR POLARIS , THESE WILL BE OUT OF STYLE FIRST....THIS IS EMBARASSING:D

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm 5'11" and I'd say another two inches higher would work better for me. It seemed like i was getting hit with the wind right at eye level, and it was cold so my eyes watered the entire ride home. That being said, stock height might work for the summer but for chillier weather a couple inches higher would be nice

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'VE BEEN ABLE TO REACH A COMPANY THAT CAN MAKE A TALLER BLADE WINDSHIELD. I TOOK HIM OUT FOR A RIDE IN MINE, HE WAS HIGHLY UNIMPRESSED WITH THE HEIGHT OF THE STOCK BLADE. WHAT I COULD USE FROM YOU GUYS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN A 3" OVER STOCK SHIELD TO EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS HERE. I'VE INVITED HIM TO COME ABOARD THE FORUM TO SEE WHAT TYPE OF INPUT THERE IS. I WILL BE USING MINE TO FIT TEST. THERE'S QUITE A BIT OF INVESTMENT FOR TOOLING AND MOLDS. I PLACED AN ATTACHED PLEXI MARKED OFF IN INCHES TO DETERMINE A GOOD HEIGHT. HE COULD REALLY USE SUPPORT IN THIS . THANX FELLOW SS MEMBERS.
Hello Ray,
For the SL I am thinking the extension could be minimized by a dove tail top where it deflects the wind up and over versus going much higher. This has been a proven mod for taller riders with touring bikes and trikes. There is also a huge demand already on the forums for a tinted version as well as a taller version. PM me with info when a model is available for sale or test.:)
Respect
Dr. Jim

·
Registered
513 Posts
HOW TALL ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU PREFER? TRYING TO DIAL IN INPUT.
5ft 7in. But if I spike my hair up I'm 5ft 10in :D
Correction. Windshield is slightly below my eye level which is just right.
Hmmm...

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm about 6'4" and would definitely like a taller screen. For me, 3" extra would be a minimum.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I got hella gangster lean, dont need no high shield .And Im getting shorter and fatter everyday .
As far as manufacturing Im thinking a bending jig and a routing template is about all you need . I could be completely off base . I didn't vote for obama .

Reactions: DKF Texas
1 - 20 of 126 Posts