Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is the story, I found a company that was making a madstad alternative windshield.
Big advantage with this unit is the adjust on the fly.While driving twist the center knob and the whole windshield raises or lowers.

This is the twist and tilt, I have a 9" pictured below( for example) with all the hardware.
LOVED it so when the lovely bride wanted MORE wind reduction I contacted this company and had them make me a larger one.
What I ended up with was a nice large 16.5" mounted to the original hardware and works GREAT.

But every story has a con,
I went to SSITS, met some great people and got a great deal on a top.
The "better" half likes the top more than the windshield so while there be purchased a replacement windshield to get home.

These are great products but they do not work with any top that has front post UNLESS you cut down the sides about 3"
I would do this but again the bride likes her replacement shield better than these.

The 9" was run for a year and has the bug guts to prove it, the 16" one was installed and I drove 4 hrs to Maggie Valley where it was removed and shipped home to make way for the top on the slingshot.
I am selling these as a pair 2 windshield for the price of one!!!!

The 14" version of this product is sold on ebay for $360 when you can find it.
And to add to the pot I have the silver original hardware and another set of black powdercoated hardware to go with the sale (never unboxed or installed) i preferred the silver color.
If you buy these and contact the company they will sell you another center post for adjusting and you would have 2 full windshields.I was going to use the shorter one for the summer and the taller one for the winter.
If you ride with these and get hot just lean up and screw the center adjuster and BAM a blast of air from underneath the windshield.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am in north carolina
thought i had a price on there $300

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
install video

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is this still available? What size window was in the video? Can you send any pictures, the 1st pic you posted doesnt show

1 - 10 of 10 Posts