Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 SLR with a stock tinted windshield that I want to replace. I think I have decided to go with a F4 tinted but I can't decide on a +3 or a +5. I'm 5' 8" tall so can someone help with the selection. Also what center post would you reccomend.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I have a 2019 SLR with a stock tinted windshield that I want to replace. I think I have decided to go with a F4 tinted but I can't decide on a +3 or a +5. I'm 5' 8" tall so can someone help with the selection. Also what center post would you reccomend.
I am 5ft10in and have always liked looking thru my shield. 250,000 miles on a Gold Wing oversized tined Tulsa windshield. Currently I have a F-4 tinted 5+ that I look thru and love it --- 106,000 miles on the Slingshot. The F-4 is a great shield no matter which one you choose. And yes I do know Don Frank (owner) but I do NOT get any kick back from him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have f4 +5 with a bullet speed top. I wish I had a +7 . The wind and occasional rain hit right at the top of my head. I am about 5' 9" tall. Also have PRP seats...not sure how much of a difference in head position this makes over stock seats as my sling never had stock seats in the time I have owned it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Drangonmaster
I too am 5' 8'' tall and have 2017 SL. I replaced my windshield with the F4 7'' tall and LOVE IT. With the SlingMods top and sun visors installed, you can pull them down when you get caught in the rain and small gap between the bar and the windshield gets covered by the visors so you don't get pounded with the rain. (one of the perks of a tall WS). I also used the mount from SlingMods and they serve two purposes, 1, mount for WS and 2nd mount for your phone.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have f4 +5 with a bullet speed top. I wish I had a +7 . The wind and occasional rain hit right at the top of my head. I am about 5' 9" tall. Also have PRP seats...not sure how much of a difference in head position this makes over stock seats as my sling never had stock seats in the time I have owned it
I added 5 inch adjustable clear “wings” to stock clear 2016 windshield (along the top edge) two years ago. Getting out of the wind made a big difference. I can listen to the radio and converse with passengers.
No tint if you drive at night and when it rains the windshield is worthless .
P.S. no helmet laws in this state

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMMM, I thought that I had another response to this thread but it is not here? Well, let's do it again!

We really like our Madstad windshield where a primary reason is this:

The lack of passenger compartment turbulence , plus having the available venting already designed into the windshield, with no need for the additional air wings, has been making our ride enjoyable and comfortable for nearly 7 years now.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
[/QUO
I have a 2019 SLR and I did not want to install a center post so I went with the NASCAR windscreen. I'm very happy with it and my hat does not fly off now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you get the tall windshield Don furnishes the center post. They are in Punta Gorda Fl. I went to him and Don installed the windshield himself. Very nice people, great product.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about the Klock Werks flared tinted windshield. Slingmods has them on sale for the next couple of days. They worked great when I had a Harley at moving the wind up and around. And it looks like it would work just as well on the Slinger.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about the Klock Werks flared tinted windshield. Slingmods has them on sale for the next couple of days. They worked great when I had a Harley at moving the wind up and around. And it looks like it would work just as well on the Slinger.
I came from the Gold Wing and always had Tulsa windshield and on my Slingshot have the F4 Custom Tinted 5+ windshield and it's much the same as the Tulsa for the Wing. 100,000 miles and love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts