Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brings in a lot of fresh cool air into a heated cabin. From Add On Accessories , made for Honda Goldwing has the right size and contour. May look good on windshield but didn't want to drill it. The airflow is perfect,

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Got a link to where you ordered them from? Interested in this option, although not sure I want to mount to the body like you did but it's a start. Good job!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Got a link to where you ordered them from? Interested in this option, although not sure I want to mount to the body like you did but it's a start. Good job!
Got them from http://www.mototourinc.com/goldwing-gl1200-fairing-wind-deflectors . Best price also. I've been looking for something like this forever even thought of manufacturing them but these where perfect. I considered several location spots but for me this was the best, air is directed right on you. I'm changing the chrome to black and reinforcing the screws with better rubber or neoprene washers and locktight

·
Registered
308 Posts
Definitely not a bad price, so by the pics looks like you drilled the dash to install them? Did you have to drill all the way through?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you look at where they go thru and use the right size screw they stay inside the dash cavity. Used plastic auto grommets and screws from Avance auto.

·
Vendor Supporter!!!!!!
405 Posts
If you don't want to drill, get the Baker Built wings for the Stallion. They work great and no drilling

·
Registered
978 Posts
Expensive yes but I've found Baker Air Wing products to be very good and a value from the comfort they add. Not sure about these though as they attach to the windshield. Could see where they might cause a minor vibration that would be annoying if you look through the windshield. Also potential cracks.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Expensive yes but I've found Baker Air Wing products to be very good and a value from the comfort they add. Not sure about these though as they attach to the windshield. Could see where they might cause a minor vibration that would be annoying if you look through the windshield. Also potential cracks.
Flybuddy, With the wings attached directly to the windshield Bruce Baker added a 11/2 x 21/2 in metal "washer" (don't know what to call it) to the bolts holding the windshield. I have about 5000 miles on the unit since adding the wings, all kind of weather conditions and
speeds (put to 100 mph) with very little vibration. Do recommend the extra bracing. (the bracing shows in one of my posts) The post above show some pics....

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Baker does have a bracket that attaches to the windshield in a clamping form. That's what I have. Used a small drop of contact
cement (one side only) on each side of the shield and tightened
them firmly....no slip, holing firmly.

upload_2015-6-6_19-30-42.png

[email protected]
http://www.bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/index.htm
I love them

·
Registered
978 Posts
I wound up getting the air wings from TricLed..they're here in Maggie Valley and even installed so I'd have for long ride home. They mount to frame and a bit lower. Air flow with them was excellent on a ride today. Airflow covered from chest to knee. Felt like an air conditioner.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts