Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any discussion on how much wind is being blocked by the single windshield from those who've been lucky enough to have driven one? It looks like one would be sitting with their head well above the shield , unless the seats are low. Anyhow I was wondering if there was a air pocket that the shield creates so you're not having constant wind in your face . Like you would on a shield less mc.
Larry

·
Registered
432 Posts
in the option list , they mention the double buble and a med hight w/s. sounds like there's a tall w/s on the the back burner. I prefer a tall w/s, bugs don't know they are supposed to be deflected by flips and such, and you just mite have BOBBIT in fron't of you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind some wind but hardly want to be blasted with constant head bobbling wind, especially while wearing a helmet. I get plenty of air riding my trike or driving the Miata

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't mind some wind but hardly want to be blasted with constant head bobbling wind, especially while wearing a helmet. I get plenty of air riding my trike or driving the Miata
Windshields are a very personal thing. What works for one person is another person's hell. It has a lot to do with height of the driver but it is way more complicated than that.

What makes me an expert? I have gone through $2k plus of windshields on two different Spyders and the solution was different on each one. What works is a bracket that allows you to move the windshield to where you want it. Even that changes with speed so a better solution would be a fully articulating adjust on the fly model. Wait. It is coming.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whatever you want to call it I like that it deflects wind up and over for the most part
much like a mc shield does.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lots of wind is fine. Lots of turbulence sucks. I guess it really comes down to this... Is the air flow smooth or is your head bouncing around? The few videos out there make it look pretty clean. Won't know until you drive it yourself.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
In oneof the reviews (possibly Motorcycle.com), the reviewer commented that the blade windshield allowed conversation between the driver and passenger, even though the driver was wearing a full face helmet. The passenger had an open face helmet w/shield, IIRC. The review also stated that w/o the blade windshield, there was too much noise to allow a conversation.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I was thinking I would want a bit more turbulence since I have to wear a helmet in the summer.

If there isn't a lot of air circulation then it might get a bit hot. Think sitting on a motorcycle at a red light - all day.

I know it wasn't "hot" in Minnesota like it can be elsewhere this time of year but I am curious how comfortable it was during the recent rides while wearing a helmet . How was the airflow?

4Nines? Nick? MOTOMAC? Dynamic?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You still have airflow but the blade helps control that airflow and make it manageable. The straight blade is best in my opinion because it is even; the double bubble creates two distinct air pockets and isn't as nice for me.

With the blade you have a nice flow of air that is not real choppy. I guess I view a good flow of air and turbulence a little differently. Turbulance being more chaotic and unpredictable. With the blade you still feel some wind in your face but that air is smooth and manageable. Not a windshield that blocks everything but a blade that just makes it a little more manageable.

The blade comes up and splits my vision just a little bit which was a little weird at first but got used to it.

I personally will probably still wear a helmet for most trips even though the blade helps and I could legally get by with just some eye pro.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was thinking I would want a bit more turbulence since I have to wear a helmet in the summer.

If there isn't a lot of air circulation then it might get a bit hot. Think sitting on a motorcycle at a red light - all day.

I know it wasn't "hot" in Minnesota like it can be elsewhere this time of year but I am curious how comfortable it was during the recent rides while wearing a helmet . How was the airflow?

4Nines? Nick? MOTOMAC? Dynamic?
Sitting in traffic is exactly why I bought a Bell Revolver Evo. Well, that and I wear glasses.

·
Registered
843 Posts
The T-Rex come with 4" windshield...i try it without and OMG it's incredible how 4" windshield make difference!! So for me its gonna be the blade windshield!! Its cool to ride and have discussion with passenger!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts