Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a sign shop in Sun Valley, ID and will be wrapping a Slingshot for a client. I have agreed to build a wind screen for his machine, you know one of those "I want to keep my hair looking nice" devices that would mount right behind the seats in front of the roll over bar. I also enjoy fabrication, welding and building roll cages. Has anyone seen the wind screen built for 1 of these yet?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I own a sign shop in Sun Valley, ID and will be wrapping a Slingshot for a client. I have agreed to build a wind screen for his machine, you know one of those "I want to keep my hair looking nice" devices that would mount right behind the seats in front of the roll over bar. I also enjoy fabrication, welding and building roll cages. Has anyone seen the wind screen built for 1 of these yet?
Are you asking about one of the stock windscreens?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I've been looking for one they haven't seen one yet. Any ideas where to find one?
Most dealers have a stock of them. Right now the blade shield kits are on backorder, and we sold our in-the-box one, but we have one that the packaging has been removed from.

If you want just the shield and not the rest of the kit, you can save about $100 on the purchase price, but, I think that is the part of the kit that is backordered right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most dealers have a stock of them. Right now the blade shield kits are on backorder, and we sold our in-the-box one, but we have one that the packaging has been removed from.

If you want just the shield and not the rest of the kit, you can save about $100 on the purchase price, but, I think that is the part of the kit that is backordered right now.
this windscreen I may be using the wrong terminology for it. But does it go behind the seats in front of the rollover bar behind the head at the driver and passenger? My client is looking for something kind of like you would find in a convertible Mercedes where there is a mesh of some sort that comes up behind the driver and passenger to keep the wind from blowing back up from behind them.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
this windscreen I may be using the wrong terminology for it. But does it go behind the seats in front of the rollover bar behind the head at the driver and passenger? My client is looking for something kind of like you would find in a convertible Mercedes where there is a mesh of some sort that comes up behind the driver and passenger to keep the wind from blowing back up from behind them.
Yes, I understand now. One of the pop up mesh screens. Those would be an interesting addition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I understand now. One of the pop up mesh screens. Those would be an interesting addition.
to building mechanically operated pop-up one with my time frame would take too long. But I will build one and post pictures as soon as built within the next two weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts