Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read and understand your Winch User Manual and observe all safety rules for a safe operation. Well you need a plan when the SS will not start or you need to get it on the trailer and you can't drive it on. The winch is the key. In this video Gail and I loaded Snazzy on our trailer and we show you some of the engineering we had to do in order to accomplish it. We are breaking new ground folk. Hope this will help someone with trailer issues.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well you need a plan when the SS will not start or you need to get it on the trailer and you can't drive it on. The winch is the key. In this video Gail and I loaded Snazzy on our trailer and we show you some of the engineering we had to do in order to accomplish it. We are breaking new ground folk. Hope this will help someone with trailer issues.

Sam, lf l were you, l would get a 12 volt winch with a remote control , l would never let my wife or anyone else stand in front of the winch cable when you are operating it. A guy got killed at a place l worked at when the strap broke letting the cable and hook slingshot back right into his face.Be safe my friend...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sam, I appreciate your efforts in trying to make the trailering a Slingshot easier.

Small suggestion: You may want to try shorter jack stands. This would result in a smaller angle between the ramps and the ground. Also this would decrease the angle between the trailer floor and the ramps (straighter run-on).

·
Sam, Gail & Snazzy
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you need a plan when the SS will not start or you need to get it on the trailer and you can't drive it on. The winch is the key. In this video Gail and I loaded Snazzy on our trailer and we show you some of the engineering we had to do in order to accomplish it. We are breaking new ground folk. Hope this will help someone with trailer issues.
Sam, lf l were you, l would get a 12 volt winch with a remote control , l would never let my wife or anyone else stand in front of the winch cable when you are operating it. A guy got killed at a place l worked at when the strap broke letting the cable and hook slingshot back right into his face.Be safe my friend...
I understand what you are saying and I did read the instruction and safety of the winch manufacturers user manual. It did say not to stand in front of the winch and to put a rug or towel on the cable as a damper. I did tell Gail not to be in front of the winch. I felt that due to the low weight of the SS the shallow angle of pull, and I am not pull it out of mud, breakage of the cable would be extremely unlikely. The other fact is that we will probably never use this winch to load the Snazzy. This is an emergency winch in case the Snazzy can not be driven and I need to load on the trailer. My friend, I thank you for you concerns and this will point out to others some safety factors to consider. This winch cost $35. at Harbor Freight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts