Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an email from the company that sold me the laser alignment kit to do Can-Am Spyders. They are about to have the hub adapter available for the slingshot. It won't help many people because most people live to far away. But if yours is out of alignment and you are close enough to run buy I will be able to do the procedure for you. This isn't a post to make money or to sell a service. I don't charge to work on bikes. However, I have no problem taking a tool fund "donation". These specialty tools cost a ton and mainly sit most of the time unused. So anytime someone wants to chip in I always will say yes to money.

Just wanted to let everyone know I will have the adapters soon. Ill update this post when they arrive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am good friends with the folks who invented the Rolo laser alignment system. I had them align my can-am spyder and it is a great system. Once I purchased the slingshot, I took it back and had them do a laser alignment. It's one of those things that you think everything is good, and you think the vehicle tracks properly, but you don't know until it is checked out. The alignment of the slingshot was off and after the adjustment I cannot believe how well it tracks on the road. I can literally rest my hand on the steering will while doing 75 mph without the need to correct. Also I expect to get extended tire wear. I highly recommend every slingshot owner get there bike aligned using the Rolo system. Their system will be shipped out to dealers across the country, and it is worth checking into. Look for future postings.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am good friends with the folks who invented the Rolo laser alignment system. I had them align my can-am spyder and it is a great system. Once I purchased the slingshot, I took it back and had them do a laser alignment. It's one of those things that you think everything is good, and you think the vehicle tracks properly, but you don't know until it is checked out. The alignment of the slingshot was off and after the adjustment I cannot believe how well it tracks on the road. I can literally rest my hand on the steering will while doing 75 mph without the need to correct. Also I expect to get extended tire wear. I highly recommend every slingshot owner get there bike aligned using the Rolo system. Their system will be shipped out to dealers across the country, and it is worth checking into. Look for future postings.
Yea. I have aligned several spyders. They were usually pretty bad out. I got my email from them letting me know the adapters for my kit would be ready soon. I haven't even tried it with the Slingshot hubs. It may fit close enough. But since there isn't really any slingshots around me I'm not in a big hurry. I am just glad I don't have to invest in another software/hardware solution to reset the steering offset. :)

Here is my kit and BUDS (CanAm Hardware/Software) tool.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I mentioned in my first post. I am fortunate and happy to be able to do it for people at no charge.

Now dont get me wrong....Im not above taking a free lunch or a cold beverage ;-) Or I will even take a tool fund donation. (There is a couple thousand dollars in those pictures above ) The BUDS was a good portion of that. But if you need the alignment and are in my area or going to be at an event that im attendng ill do it for anyone free.

No one is even close to me that is a ROLO dealer so I have never hurt anyone's business by offering the service this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts