Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in AZ and looking at one of these. Just wondering if they will actually be in the showroom on the 27th?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I highly doubt it. But you never know. It may depend on the dealership. And I also believe the 27th is their dealer meeting so I would assume it would be after the meeting is over.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No. Not likely...

Also, be careful where you purchase your Slingshot. The RideNow chain of stores is not a very nice place. I used to work for them, and when I found out about the bogus fees they charge, I didn't have the heart to sell anything anymore.

Fees I personally saw added onto retail price were just outlandish. I'm talking $500-800 on top of a $1500 Yamaha PW50... and it goes up depending on vehicle retail price.

When we sold a GSX-R600 or an SV 650, They would break up the charges for Freight, show $500-700 for that, and then Prep and Assembly for another $800. Higher end bikes like an R1 were a min of $2000 total for fees...

Goldwings were freaking INSANE... They'd show $1200-1500 for Freight, and another $1200-1500 for assembly.

If anyone else in AZ is looking to buy a Slingshot, be aware of the RideNow Powersports group "Freight / Prep / Assembly" garbage. Apparently they own all the motorsport stores in Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, North Carolina, Ocala FL, Washington...

I don't know of any other Polaris dealers in the Valley that are not owned by RideNow, so I will likely be going out of state to grab mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I attempted to buy my RZR from Ride Now. The price was unreasonable and the arrogance was even worse. To make it even worse, Ride Now had absolutely no product knowledge. Iron City in Phoenix beat the Ride Now price by almost $1400.

Ride Now will never see a dime from me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. Been around awhile. Several years from what I understand. It is family owned. Good guys. When you are ready, Ryan is the guy you want to deal with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts