Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll probably not be far behind you there. I would guess, especially if the wife rides her own motorcycle, that's going to happen a lot.
The more they like it the less they will complain about the amount of time you spend in it. I don't mind trading off on the driving if it keeps the piece.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My salesman drove one. He is 6'3" and he said he had a 48" waist. He had no trouble he said. I'm 50" waist and 6'3"

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Man I'm 6'1" 350. Can I fit. I drove an 2015 Kia Soul. Seat pulled up two clicks. Huh.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm 6'4 no problems wife's 4'11 yea I know we do look funny together. Anyway both fit fine she can move the seats up to reach peddles and I did 11 hour drive comfortabley no problem 2 weeks ago. Its got a bigger cockpit than you think.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm 6'4 250 my cousin is 6'3 and about 350 drove mine no problem. The funny part was I told him before we drove it the ass end tends to be all over the place through 3rd gear if you hammer it. But with us 2 big boys riding the traction wasn't and issue and the SS hocked up great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 6'4 300 lb built and I fit just fine. I was worried about fitting but have no problem getting in and out. I am also going to do a quick release and flat bottom steering wheel, just for that little extra room.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yes big guys will fit, but that should not be your concern. Getting out is the trick. If you're not in shape, in the upper body, you will have problems with the exit because you're using your arms to lift the body up and out. Oh' I'm 6'6'' 240. Works for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My biggest problem is that there is not enough foot space. When I go to push down on the gas peddle I also hit the break peddle and when I push in on the clutch I also hit the break. I had to cut the clutch peddle in half so I can stretch my left leg out some. I wish there was more feet room for those with big feet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Weight or how tall you are doesn't matter as is in my case, my shoe size is 15 wide and there is very little room for me to get to just one peddle with out hitting another. And the reason I cut the clutch peddle in half was so I could stretch out my left foot a little.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
6'5" 235 no problems at all. A little tip for the tall folks. Take the storage door off the drivers side. It allows you to recline the seat back just a tad more. You have to put the seat forward one click from all the way back, but the additional recline makes it more comfortable and the headrest isn't banging your helmet when you wear one.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
6'5" 235 no problems at all. A little tip for the tall folks. Take the storage door off the drivers side. It allows you to recline the seat back just a tad more. You have to put the seat forward one click from all the way back, but the additional recline makes it more comfortable and the headrest isn't banging your helmet when you wear one.
Well-Said that is our i drive - seated tilted back
my storage doors are stock

·
Registered
574 Posts
My biggest problem is that there is not enough foot space. When I go to push down on the gas peddle I also hit the break peddle and when I push in on the clutch I also hit the break. I had to cut the clutch peddle in half so I can stretch my left leg out some. I wish there was more feet room for those with big feet.
There was a thread on Big clod hoppers search for it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
6' 2"....260lbs....fit great...sit all the way back......tilt wheel up to get in and out..
I am 6'5" 265 and change your steering wheel to an Assault D shaped and you won't have to tilt it up to get in and out anymore. The flat bottom shape, as well as it is much smaller makes a lot of difference to us larger than normal folks. I think it looks pretty good as well.
image.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just a little reality check for many future buyers. Make sure you actually sit in the SS and try different seating positions before making a purchase. The excitement of driving the SS sometimes will override some initial discomfort, but a longer trip might prove otherwise. I have a 36" inseam and am happy with the purchase. But if I could get the frame extended a foot or more at a reasonable price I would do so in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Im a touch over 6ft 2 and a big guy. How does this seat and leg area look? any tall people test drive it yet?
My dad is 6'2 and sits in it fine but has some trouble getting in and out of it.
IMG_4116.JPG

Reactions: slinghighslinglow
21 - 40 of 44 Posts