Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
I had not considered a quad kit until reading your comments, thanks for sharing. The mods I’ve made to my 16.5 SS have been to get it more comfortable for touring. One of the mods was to upgrade the swing arm with one from SS Only. The stability improvement was amazing!! Now I am working to get the SS boost ready. Which boost system was still a question until reading your discussions. Looks like the TC would better fit my passion for touring. While riding mountain twists, my 2 wheeler buddies can’t keep up now. Adding a TC would humble them. Who knows what mod comes after boost, y’all have now got a quad conversion on my mind. Thanks guys!!

Discussion starter · #42 · (Edited)
Extra1,

Can not say enough good things about any boosted quad SS.

As far as boost goes...

Just my opinions. Go with the type of power delivery that floats your boat..

If you want low-end all out grunt, right off idle (get the SC).

If you want a little later rpm wide-open top speed power delivery (get the turbo).

The SC was a fit for me for a few reasons. Most of my fun these days is below triple digits.

Also, the SS platform really doesnt shine at the CRAZY high top speeds.

For me, 0-60 times, corner exit acceleration, and maybe a 1/4 mi here and there is all I was looking to do.
Even passing on the highway... My SC setup hits like a freakin turbo. Plenty of excessive whip lash instant on power for passing. Lots of fun!

Just me but I am too old for the top speed games anymore.

Finally, if you want a quad SS to mate all that new boosted power to the road...

Get the Trackhmr!!

Just my .02 cents,
Webby

I have an SC...love it. I put on the Pedal Max...which gave me more get up and go...no more power... all more fun! Excuses from the gt mustang is all I can say... LoL

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.