Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems with such a futuristic look to our Slingshot, it almost demands to have the 'white' headlamps.
If I am reading the specs correct, these are old school by today's standards. Even if it adds a few bucks to the cost, I want them. Even Harley Davidson has now put them on all the new bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
My guess is Polaris is trying hard to get this product out as affordably as possible. In typical Polaris fashion, they will start improving the product every year and offer new options and accessories. They have to start somewhere, but once they get started then the sky is the limit :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Aren't LED's the latest and greatest?

More efficient too.
Polaris uses LED's on some of their 15 model year snowmobile lineup.
LED Lights
Models built on the AXYS™ platform feature the industry’s first LED headlights as standard equipment. New LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting:

• 30% brighter and nearly 1 lb. lighter.
  • Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness,” reported in Kelvin) is 5000 K, which is very close to daylight spectrum.
  • Enhanced durability over incandescent light with no filament to burn out. The LED lighting will last the lifetime of the sled.
  • For enhanced safety, the low beam is always on during low to high beam transitions. When the high beam is activated, the low beam remains on, so there is never a period of no light. If the lighting switch ever malfunctioned, the user would always at least have low beam lighting.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Just a matter of time before the LEDs are put into the production model. I am hopeful they do it in such a way that us first adopters can retrofit all the cool stuff they add in the future.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aren't LED's the latest and greatest?

More efficient too.
I am talking about the headlamps. below are the specs from the website:

• Headlight: 2x Projector Hi/Lo H3 55w (Center)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Auxiliary Light: 2x Projector H3 55w (Outboard)<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Tail/Brake Light: LED
  • Turn Signals: LED
  • License Plate Light: LED