Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg
Not only because it will accelerate quicker than the red due to the shorter tires and wheels, but it will also be able to pull in the higher gears more efficiently. SL owners are already bemoaning the lack of torque in 4th and 5th gears. And last but most importantly, the red reminds me of this.......:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
... View attachment 3983 Not only because it will accelerate quicker than the red due to the shorter tires and wheels, but it will also be able to pull in the higher gears more efficiently. SL owners are already bemoaning the lack of torque in 4th and 5th gears. And last but most importantly, the red reminds me of this.......:D
If it reminded you of that, why didn't you BUY a RED one then? Don't want to relive happy days from your youth? If the RED ones are so slow, why did it take so much longer for the slower GREY ones to FINALLY show up at the dealerships? I guess they couldn't handle the speeds to keep up with the RED delivery trucks, eh?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I bought the titanium so I could be the first deposit but the last to be delivered! :(

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
... View attachment 3983 Not only because it will accelerate quicker than the red due to the shorter tires and wheels, but it will also be able to pull in the higher gears more efficiently. SL owners are already bemoaning the lack of torque in 4th and 5th gears. And last but most importantly, the red reminds me of this.......:D

Fun fact. Just like Polaris being a Minnesota company, the company that invented the the tilt a whirl is also a Minnesota company.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey that's purple, not red. Unless I'm going color blind :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
If it reminded you of that, why didn't you BUY a RED one then? Don't want to relive happy days from your youth? If the RED ones are so slow, why did it take so much longer for the slower GREY ones to FINALLY show up at the dealerships? I guess they couldn't handle the speeds to keep up with the RED delivery trucks, eh?
Well it took that extra time to tame those gray stallions those red ones were scared of them:eek:

Besides these rams would look out of place on those run-of-the-mill red ones:banghead:
image.jpg

·
Banned
57 Posts
If it reminded you of that, why didn't you BUY a RED one then? Don't want to relive happy days from your youth? If the RED ones are so slow, why did it take so much longer for the slower GREY ones to FINALLY show up at the dealerships? I guess they couldn't handle the speeds to keep up with the RED delivery trucks

Took longer for grey because they saved the best for last

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
I bought mine sight unseen on Ebay. Had to go to West Virginia to pick it up. Turned or to be a great adventure and I got to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway and Deals Gap again. Good risk. Still love the gray... I like the cheaper tires, especially since there are no corners here in SW Florida, I do miss Germany.

Reactions: Tripod
1 - 14 of 14 Posts