Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems that polaris has excluded dealers from recieving slingshot as they do not show up on the dealer locator, i have dealer near me that handles snowmobiles atv's ranger/rzr victory motorcycles and even the brutus, they are a fairly lage dealer and stock lots of accessories, i have purchased many times from them , i dont have a problem traveling a little further to a dealer , but i would like to bring my money to someone i am comfortable with

some dealers listed in my state seem much smaller than my closest dealer and they are on the slingshot dealer list
i have not included my dealers name yet , i wont be able to talk with them till monday it's sunday night , maybe its just an oversight on the polaris website

any way cant wait to see 1 in person

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
The requirements we have heard are 600 sq. ft. of showroom space and $35k in accessories.

I am guessing that the 600sqft of space is limiting some dealers or they may be waiting to see if the Slingshot takes off in order to make the required space available. :meh: :arghh:

·
Registered
510 Posts
There are 5 dealers showing up within 100 miles of the Austin area. I guess I'll be on the phone Tuesday to find out who's going to get them in first. :)

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Post your experiences if you don't mind. I am curious what dealers are saying in different parts of the country. I'd be happy to purchase one in Austin while visiting family.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Will do. I know of at least 3 people in the area that are planning on purchasing one so we'll know something soon.

Post your experiences if you don't mind. I am curious what dealers are saying in different parts of the country. I'd be happy to purchase one in Austin while visiting family.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
There is a lot of logistics involved in this so I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer locator isn't 100% correct at this time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It requires a lot of initial cost to the dealer to get set up to service a new motor and drive system as well as the training of techs and so on and so forth. I think that if the Slingshot is a good seller, dealers will gladly plop down the initial setup to get in the 3-wheeler business.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Was there any mention of inventory? Will dealers have lots on the lots by October? I assume production is ramping up now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
well you probably could take it into a GM service center. what with the engine being an Ecotec.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just watched a video, where they were doing road tests, and there had to be more than 30 slingshots being used. I am hoping there is a good initial supply, and would definitely use a chevy dealer if necesary, even more interested in what kind of mods can be added to the engine

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I just watched a video, where they were doing road tests, and there had to be more than 30 slingshots being used. I am hoping there is a good initial supply, and would definitely use a chevy dealer if necesary, even more interested in what kind of mods can be added to the engine
I just hope NONE of the 30 become customer cars!!

·
Registered
2015 2JZ swapped
415 Posts
Some states required the MSRP be disclosed prior to be allowed in that state, WI was one of them. The dealers in WI (I think only 4 of them) will be listed on the website hopefully by September. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some states required the MSRP be disclosed prior to be allowed in that state, WI was one of them. The dealers in WI (I think only 4 of them) will be listed on the website hopefully by September. :)
Are they not already? I think all the dealers are sold out here anyway haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts