Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched to see if this has been asked yet and didn't find this question, so....why are ONLY the red SL's being delivered to dealers and into the hands of customers? Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hate to start this up again but it is because they are faster thus get to their delivery point sooner.
(Plus a higher margin)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Red is being delivered first because they are SLOWER, and the Grey ones will catch up even being delivered later.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
If your in the southeast you would say neither are being delivered.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The SL version has outsold the base 10:1. So Polaris is trying to get their preferred product into the hands of their desiring customers ASAP. My dealership has 8 pre-orders so far.. ALL of them red SL's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just put down my deposit in Rochester NY - dealer said I am # 5 on list and can expect my new SL in January. According to the dealer he is getting 2 and 2 and expects the rest of the units to be built to the sold order specs then to be determined by demand and sale rate. I wish they offered a wider variety of colors across the board. Only bought the SL for the color and the wheels.

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
Because POLARIS is FULL of SHIT !
the first notification was the each dealer would get 2 Sl and 1 base, then they changed it to 1 base and 1 Sl and at the end the sent 2 SL.

Im So pissed about that.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Polaris' decision on shipment models is making a huge vast majority of Slingshot customers happy as fast as they can. Not everybody, obviously: but for every 1 base customer that's unhappy, there's 10 SL customers that are tickled pink:shy:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Polaris' decision on shipment models is making a huge vast majority of Slingshot customers happy as fast as they can. Not everybody, obviously: but for every 1 base customer that's unhappy, there's 10 SL customers that are tickled pink:shy:

I'm getting a base unit with the blade windshield. My dealer informed me that they have a Vin, so I guess it will be pretty soon.

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
779 Posts
I'm getting a base unit with the blade windshield. My dealer informed me that they have a Vin, so I guess it will be pretty soon.
Where are you located?

Please update you information so it shows a location, state would be helpful! Thanks!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Because POLARIS is FULL of SHIT !
the first notification was the each dealer would get 2 Sl and 1 base, then they changed it to 1 base and 1 Sl and at the end the sent 2 SL.

Im So pissed about that.
You not the only one thats pissed

1 - 20 of 46 Posts