Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would be interested in a body kit for the slingshot?

The front of the machine will stay the same.
The sides and the back of the machine will be changed
For example:
  • On the sides where there are empty spaces and tubing, it will be covered with the new body kit and design.
  • The back will have a different look where the Black area is. back tire: Will have two choices of a hugger; Front or back, Looks like the one on the Spyder (a more sporty look)
  • Also: an option using to have the mufflers coming out of the back and running unexposed along the sides. The only thing you will see is the little pipe that comes out of the back
  • Everything will be Bolt-on
  • Choice of primer or color
The headers and mufflers most probably will be done by someone else, We don't do mufflers and stuff like that, but we can prepare the design to be able to develop a concept.

We will try to build the back design with adding some luggage area, this can only be figured out once we have the slingshot in our hands

·
Registered
796 Posts
A rear fender/hugger seems like a great improvement. But as the the "empty spaces on the sides" I would leave mine as is. A HUGE part of the Slingshots driving experience is seeing the road wiz by in your peripheral vision as you sit just inches above it. Polaris engineers worked long with due diligence to get it just right..... Perfect balance between wind/rain protection and the feeling of openness, not caged like a typical boring car.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
A rear fender/hugger seems like a great improvement. But as the the "empty spaces on the sides" I would leave mine as is. A HUGE part of the Slingshots driving experience is seeing the road wiz by in your peripheral vision as you sit just inches above it. Polaris engineers worked long with due diligence to get it just right..... Perfect balance between wind/rain protection and the feeling of openness, not caged like a typical boring car.
The space on the side will stay open.
The things that will be covered is The metal tubing that show on the sides to fill up the empty spaces, as you can see on this pictures

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that might be something I'll check out! I suppose you'll be posting here when available?
Absolutely
We will keep the same flow of the design, only adding a sportier look to The side and the back of the machine

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was planning on wrapping the raw cold section of the frame that's used as a grab handle with this......

View attachment 1474
The grab handle on the passenger side Will not be covered, we will leave an access so the passenger can grab it at all time.
Just waiting to get the machine into the shop, once we have it in the shop it will take approximately two months to get the finished design, that's including pipes coming out of the back

1 - 20 of 112 Posts