Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
If you put a set of top quality springs and double adjustable shocks you can make it ride as good as a Porsche. "Cheyene" I know as I have had both.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you put a set of top quality springs and double adjustable shocks you can make it ride as good as a Porsche. "Cheyene" I know as I have had both.
I guess it's good the other guy didn't know this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently put mine up for sale, only because of not having time to ride. I had it for a year and was able to put 2k miles on it but it would sit in the garage when I was out of the area for long amounts of time. I am also in the process of building a house so for now it just doesn't fit my needs. It is one heck of a machine though and it will truly be missed that is for sure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its just a toy. Some of us buy toys, play with them for a short while and get bored with it and move on to another toy. No big deal.

To some, the SS will be a lifestyle. Go to the events, do a bunch of mods, become popular and well known on the forums, etc..... To others, its just a toy to drive around and have some fun with and sooner or later to be sold and replaced with the next greatest thing.

It is unusual that in the case of the SS verses just about any other " motorcycle " it IS comparable to a car. Other than having 3 wheels verses 4, there isn't much difference between a new SS and a new Miata. Heck they are about the same price, same size, same overall power and speed, both are two seaters with steering wheels and stick shift, both are open air, etc..... So where it would seem odd if someone was talking about wanting to sell their Ultraglide because they want a Miata, it would not be that odd to me if someone wanted to sell their SS for one. Cause the Miata would gain you a top, heat, A/C, a trunk, airbags and far more safety, better engineering, better warranty, and likely better handling. Problem would be its just another car! Its not a toy like a SS, its just sporty transportation.

My SS is the first " Sporty " car Ive ever owned. Even if its not a car. Its also the first convertible Ive had ( other than a Suzuki samuri and a Geo tracker that I almost never took the tops off of ) Ive enjoyed the hell out of it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Il throw my 2cents in as someone who may buy one next spring. I have yet to test drive one (Sat I Am :) ) but I own a sports car pretty much a 15 mustang gt. everytime I pull in somewhere it gets attention but you know what gets my attention when I saw one of these pull in one day. I think the open concept and the fact of how aggressive and rare they are in my area adds to the wow factor. Im 26 and im just getting tired of sportbikes I hate getting all that gear on after the last 9 years or so .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Agree with the gear comment, Moto. I rode sport bikes for a good 20 years or so. Was just ready for something different. Traded in my 2012 Ducati 1199. I'm loving the SS !

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Right no it is more a function of garaged space. The SS takes up as much room as a car and frankly there are some cars out there I want more than the SS.
As far as "bang for buck" goes it is almost impossible to beat the SS.
In some ways I will be sad to see it go but I look forward to something new. I have become a bit of a track rat and looking for something a bit more focused on track (like my Lotus) but can put the top down for a nice weekend getaway or even DD if needed.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It is a amazing change in both ride, when set soft, and handling when set a little harder.
I think Polaris used some of the shelf springs, a bit hard on the rear, and cheap shocks all to hold the price in line and suit most people.
The suspension is very good forged aluminum A arms with a big sway bar ect. But good shocks control the hopping around that the rear does on choppy roads which help the ride and keep the tires in contact with the road.
I recently put mine up for sale, only because of not having time to ride. I had it for a year and was able to put 2k miles on it but it would sit in the garage when I was out of the area for long amounts of time. I am also in the process of building a house so for now it just doesn't fit my needs. It is one heck of a machine though and it will truly be missed that is for sure.
i sure do feel sorry for the cat you have sharing space with his majesty

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The SS is the best things since chicken grease.
I need to find some of this chicken grease if it's as good as the SS. I'll be checking the grocery store tomorrow...

I for one cannot get enough riding time in this thing. 19k miles, turbo, and I'm just happy someone made a vehicle like this at the incredible low cost of entry. Why didn't they make these sooner!?

My wife thinks this might be the first vehicle I will actually keep for more than 2 years. There is usually high turnover in my garage.

Good luck with sale @chirowolf

21 - 40 of 49 Posts