Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
The reward should really go to the dealership for doing all the necessary prep required prior to receiving the Slingshot. A proactive dealer will be able to put the product in the their customer's hands a whole lot faster than a non-compliant lazy dealership. Whoever is the lucky first costumer, it will be because he has chosen a dealer with a "git 'er dun" business philosophy. The customer will reap the benefits of that dealer's commitment to good customer service.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree acknowledgment of some type should also go to the dealership. But an award should go to the member of this forum that can say "I got mine first". The "#1 SlingShot Award" goes to???

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hope its me! But I seriously doubt it. Stopped my local dealership yesterday and no sign of a Slingshot prepped area whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope its me! But I seriously doubt it. Stopped my local dealership yesterday and no sign of a Slingshot prepped area whatsoever.
It could be you. We are starting into the final phase of the delivery. The birth pains are about to begin. Who will be the happy Daddy? The SS Whose Your Daddy Award. Hey. That has a nice ring to it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I truly believe that there would be one dealer that will get the slingshot sooner than all the others , there could be many factors why !!!
Example ; A dealer that it is much closer than all the others to Polaris.
So the first person that will get the slingshot would only be because his dealer got it first.
I would be the first to congratulate the person that will get the SS first, this person can give us so much info; how it drives, pictures , how it behaves on the curves, Space for turbo or supercharged etc.....all before we will even receive ours .
I do agree with Stan that Full Throttle Motorsport in Lansing Mi should take the cake because they are giving us a heads up all the time and they are very committed to us on The slingshotforums.
It is the same thing in Canada.
Here in Montreal Quebec most probably, I HOPE that we will get the SS first and it will not be fair towards the other provinces that did not get it yet, as example, in Ontario they are still not allowed to have it because of rules and stupid regulations.

WOW ^^^^^^^^this was the serious side of me LOL

NOW BACK TO NORMAL
Here is a picture of my present three wheeler
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Full Throttle Motorsports in Lansing Mi. is committed to getting the Slingshot to their customers ASAP!

View attachment 882 View attachment 883 View attachment 884
I truly believe that there would be one dealer that will get the slingshot sooner than all the others , there could be many factors why !!!
So the first person that will get the slingshot would only be because his dealer got it first.
I would be the first to congratulate the person that will get the SS first, this person can give us so much info; how it drives, pictures , how it behaves on the curves, Space for turbo or supercharged etc.....all before we will even receive ours .
I do agree with Stan that Full Throttle Motorsport in Lansing Mi should take the cake because they are giving us a heads up all the time and they are very committed to us on The slingshotforums.
Here in Montreal Quebec most probably, I HOPE that we will get the SS first and it will not be fair towards the other provinces that did not get it yet, as example, in Ontario they are still not allowed to have it because of rules and stupid regulations.

NOW BACK TO NORMAL
View attachment 887

Thanks, guys! :woot:
I guess it helps that there is a big enthusiast pushing everyone to get things done. Heck, I even unboxed and moved a few things myself!

(I do have an ulterior motive in that I also want to see the SS sooner than later too!)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey FloridaJoe,
I will donate a T-Bag mounting kit we are putting together for the inner fender location for one of the prizes. Are you going to do 1st, 2sd and 3rd prizes?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hey FloridaJoe,
I will donate a T-Bag mounting kit we are putting together for the inner fender location for one of the prizes. Are you going to do 1st, 2sd and 3rd prizes?
Got a picture or artist's rendering of the T-Bag? Curious how that will work/appear.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey FloridaJoe,
Thanks sloride. If we can get the interest of the members Yes we could recognize the first person to receive delivery of the SlingShot. 1st Place, 2nd and 3rd Place. I was thinking a large embroidered patch for each of the three places. The patch will have a version of the SlingShot logo stating presented by members of slingshotforum for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Plus any donations any individual member would like to make. No employee or family of Polaris or dealerships will be allow to participate. What do you think?

·
Registered
497 Posts
FJ, I'm good with whatever you guys want to do.

I have the hardware kits already put together. When we finally get our hands on one, I will be able to determine whether we need a stabilizing brace behind it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm in Shreveport so we're almost neighbors! I may have to take a ride to Dallas in my new SL to pick up a pair when they're ready!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've gotta run out for a little while I will try in Photoshop where I think it's going to fit and post it up here in a couple hours

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FJ, I'm good with whatever you guys want to do.

I have the hardware kits already put together. When we finally get our hands on one, I will be able to determine whether we need a stabilizing brace behind it.
That's great one T-Bag Mounting Kit for the winner from sloride. Thanks

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

NOW BACK TO NORMAL
View attachment 887
Mike. Nice ride you have there. Wow one-speed automatic with reverse. Sits very low to the highway. Nice.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts