Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
May be Addressed as "Madame HRMiracle"
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the sling out today to fill 'er with gas and such and holy sh*t - I don't think my hands have ever been so cold in my life.

Granted - the heated ego from taking HOV lanes for free kept me warm enough, but people - who here daily's the Sling and if so, where the hell do you live??

·
Movin on!
298 Posts
As long as there's no rain, I'll drive it pretty much 3-4 days a week, but 35 deg is my limit for cold. It's no fun for any length of time below that.
:cool:

·
Registered
555 Posts
What? Today? Not that cold at all. You must be a girl. I rode in shorts.

Reporting from Fairfax VA,

-e

Back to @hrmiracle in the heated studio.

Sent from my brain using an iPad

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What? Today? Not that cold at all. You must be a girl. I rode in shorts.

Reporting from Fairfax VA,

-e

Back to @hrmiracle in the heated studio.

Whoa whoa whoa - you're from FFX?! I'll have you know my usual "taking the Sling out for a ride" route is 95 to 495 to Tysons Mall and back.

That shit was cold... even despite @EjFord 's awesome ass warmer recommendation.

Edit - what's the color? I want to know if we can be friends or not.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ride mine everyday, whether it's 10 miles or 150+ miles, haven't missed a day since I got it 27 November 2015. Coldest was 28 to get to a charity breakfast.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa - you're from FFX?! I'll have you know my usual "taking the Sling out for a ride" route is 95 to 495 to Tysons Mall and back.

That shit was cold... even despite @EjFord 's awesome ass warmer recommendation.

Edit - what's the color? I want to know if we can be friends or not.
Base.

Ffx station through Clifton to 29 to 28 to Herndon. Attitude matters.

Missed you at the Occoquan meetup, the @DocG ride, and the Cameron Roberts ride earlier last month. Didn't expect others when the doc and I hit WV in single digits.

Next time you find yourself jonesin' for a ride to mount Vernon, post here. I know everyone there. We can sling down roads that normal humans cannot. The place is huge. Not so fast, though.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Base.

Ffx station through Clifton to 29 to 28 to Herndon. Attitude matters.

Missed you at the Occoquan meetup, the @DocG ride, and the Cameron Roberts ride earlier last month. Didn't expect others when the doc and I hit WV in single digits.

Next time you find yourself jonesin' for a ride to mount Vernon, post here. I know everyone there. We can sling down roads that normal humans cannot. The place is huge. Not so fast, though.

Don't be surprised if I hit you up randomly - I work from home so whenever the Sling calls, I try to answer. Your event attendance sounds hella similar to mine :hilarious::hilarious:

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will ride as long as its dry don't ride everyday. But me and the boy rode last Friday night was cold not going to lie. Was like 30 and clear but when doing 60 even colder wore snowmobile gear and were fine.
That's the secret me thinks - the gear has to be on point or heated.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Don't be surprised if I hit you up randomly - I work from home so whenever the Sling calls, I try to answer. Your event attendance sounds hella similar to mine :hilarious::hilarious:
I often work from home. Hit me up anytime you want to just burn some gas and blow out some cobwebs.

Also missed you riding with @Dharmab. That was serious business.

Buy it to ride it.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I often work from home. Hit me up anytime you want to just burn some gas and blow out some cobwebs.

Also missed you riding with @Dharmab. That was serious business.

Buy it to ride it.

@Dharmab has the garage my garage dreams of when it dreams :hilarious:

deal son. PM your number or I can smoke signal on here if that's what works.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice @ethermion - add DocG to the list of people who wanna waste time during the day in Slingshots in Nova (we're a clique)
Roger that. The doc is a bad ass dude. Very good company. I can confirm him to also be a daily driver. Only snow gives him pause, which is probably correct sling-wise.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts