Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
You better clarify if butt dyno numbers count. ha

There is a big difference from thinking you make 400hp and from having a dyno chart showing that you actually do.

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
You better clarify if butt dyno numbers count. ha

There is a big difference from thinking you make 400hp and from having a dyno chart showing that you actually do.
Only dyno numbers count on this one. Lol

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Only dyno numbers count on this one. Lol
Agree.

I trust nobody with Slingshot power numbers unless they have a loaded dyno chart with the correction factor and the brand of dyno.

I learned this lesson with my own machine....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am curious who all has over 400 HP to the wheel on the Slingshot. This has to be a growing group of Slingshots.
It might sound silly, but why would anyone want that much HP with a SlingShot? I have only had my stock SL a few weeks and I have trouble not smoking the tire with 173HP - - As it is I am actually worried about how many back tires I am going to burn up. 400HP? why?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Valid point to Edward. And 400 horsepower to the wheels is more roughly 500 hp to the crank ( assuming a standard 20% drivetrain loss and the quoted 173 HP from Polaris would be at the crank basis like all manufacturers ) and while I don't yet have any experience with the Sling Shot itself yet, there does get to be a certain point where a higher HP build gets to be a handful on the street. And the weight to HP ratio.... 500 HP and 1700 lbs.... I'd be almost scared to drive it. lol

And I have / had some fairly fast vehicles in my time.

Although, I would be highly curious to hear what a fully modded SS could run in the quarter with a decent driver and traction....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have Alpha 2 bar with 6 psi spring and Alpha advertises 284 I believe and it really brings the SS alive.
Entering highway you trying to get in with traffic makes it nicer and going in long sweeping corners it pulls
so much nicer and steep hills . I had mine installed when new when dealer took me for ride in one they installed and
ordered SS and turbo .
I am building new body right now and hopefully next year will build motor for 9 or 10 psi spring increase.
Do I need this extra HP over what I have really no but just want a faster SS , my thinking now.
May change my mind next year when I realize how much it will cost to do package.
Thinking approx 5k.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had my slingshot for a year. Gears 1 ,2,3, where fun. 4 and 5 no fun. Alpha turbo installed all gears are fun and relevant now. It really woke it up. Probably wouldn't have kept it in stock form

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It might sound silly, but why would anyone want that much HP with a SlingShot? I have only had my stock SL a few weeks and I have trouble not smoking the tire with 173HP - - As it is I am actually worried about how many back tires I am going to burn up. 400HP? why?
All sport cars and same as with slingshot you can slam the throttle and smoke the tires if you want. :) Getting the right tire will help lots and also a little control with the foot and throttle will get you the correct launch without spinning.

400HP and more here I come This Firday!!! @[email protected] @[email protected] are putting the finishing touches on mine now!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nothing exceeds like excess! I am going to a supercharge next year.

Reactions: NJ Sling

·
Registered
24 Posts
The real question is for the guys that make serious power like that where are the 1/4 mile slips with ET and trap speeds. Anyone can be a dyno queen. Does anyone have real world figured to back it up?

·
15 Seconds Of Fame Anywhere You Go
583 Posts
The over 400rwhp owner is just an I have and you don't . Lol. As for the quarter mile run you need a slick for a rear tire and a good driver of which I have not seen anyone step up yet, I'm sure someone that can afford 400 rwhp will step up and provide a 1/4 mile slip for all to see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts