Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so don't kick me out for this question.. but I am close to purchasing and have been reading a lot of discussions to learn more. Obviously one worry when driving the SS is low visibility to other drivers. Has anyone put whip lights on the back? Just really curious.. :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Twiley…..what are whip lights? Something like a whip antenna with lights? . As to daytime visibility, I attached a couple of small flags to the roll bars which flap like crazy, thinking they might attract attention of anyone in front that might be swapping lanes but might not readily see a low riding Sling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whip lights can be a boon to visibility. I have not been able to find 3-4 foot lighted whip. I must admit I haves scoured the web but your ? Has got me going again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Attached a photo. Can get 4 ft length for under $200 on Amazon. I know they are usually used on UTV, like Polaris Rzr. But..could be put on SS.
81oEmRlePKL._SY550_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SX413SY550SH20_.jpg

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Gotcha! Had never seen those before. Seems they would be beneficial at night; not sure about day. Wonder also whether they would hold up at highway speeds. Interesting idea. Maybe a 2 footer...…...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think most come with flags, or can be attached, for daytime. Or they usually have a quick release type of connection, so they can be removed for daytime if you want. I have searched for a pic with them on an SS and haven't found any. I go tomorrow for a test drive, if I end up getting one, customizing it is part of the fun, so I can get whips if I want!! Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, as for holding up to speed, I've seen guys run at least 65 with them on RZR...I'm pretty sure they would be fine, but I am looking for that spec. They are waterproof.
Screenshot_20191113-080026_Amazon Shopping.jpg
waterproof.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Let us know how it goes. And wear ur woolies....gonna be cold. 23F here at 7am...high of 40.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think it would not be illegal but wonder if it might not also give the LEO's something to stop you for. Guess you'd need to contact your DMV or State Trooper office or somesuch and see what they say.

·
Registered
54 Posts
does anyone know if it is legal to put a headlight modulator on the Sling like they have for motorcycles?
Well, in states where it is considered a motorcycle, has motorcycle tags and the operator is required to have a motorcycle endorsement on their license....I would say go for it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whip lights at 3/4 ‘ would work. I too am anxious about drilling additional holes. The ideal light whips would have white or amber lights on front half and red on back side tied into brake system to be additional brake light and turn signals. I’m not skilled enough to make that happen.
Lights can be found on Amazon.. most are multicolored have remote etc. Something simple is what I’m searching for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts