Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Which Slingshot will you choose?

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I ordered a Titanium with the upgraded wheels, double bubble windscreens, and interior light kit (exactly like the one in my pic). I plan on doing some color changes with a wrap and/or trim color variations so I didn't want to be locked down to red especially with the seats. I do really like the red though.

I also thought I could do a better job with the electronics package for less than $2200. I have to use a helmet so I will have a helmet speaker system so no need for the added weight of an in-car system. Plus I like playing with stuff like that so it really isn't about saving money.

I think a rear camera system will be fun to figure out so keep your eyes out in the DIY section for a write-up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea those bags would do the trick Especially being waterproof. By touring I meant cross country traveling say for a week or more. And especially with the Mrs. tagging along. You know that the women take twice or more as much stuff with them traveling.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat with Tango.... I ordered a Titanium SL...so I didn't cast a vote above.

I ordered a base model and then upgraded it completely to an SL thru options. It cost me $600 more than a red SL but I will end up with a set of smaller cast wheels, the color I preferred and the options I wanted.

Nothing against the red but I didn't want to be locked into that color scheme as I have something sinister in mind for the appearance of it. That and it won't clash as bad with my other three wheel thing.

Z

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure which one I want. Waiting to hear what other people think when they get to test them. I don't know that a radio is useful since the exhaust is probably pretty loud and the cockpit is completely open, and I'll have a helmet on...

Leaning towards a gray one with full windscreen.
Rode in one yesterday (10/7) - an SL. It is quiet in the cockpit area, so you will be able to hear the radio. Xhaust is no issue.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts