Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just for general interest, I wrote Prestone the following and here is there response:

From: William and/or Justina Fyfe [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 5:13 PM
To: Prestone Information
Subject: Dex-cool antifreeze

Hello,
Our owner’s manual states to use DEX-COOL antifreeze, (Prestone’s grey bottle), the label on Prestone’s standard antifreeze, (in the yellow bottle), states that it can be used in any make, any model, and can be mixed with any other antifreeze. Please help clear up this confusion?
Thanks,
Bill
******************************************************************************************************************
Good Afternoon Bill,
Both of the antifreeze products you mentioned will work well in any GM application calling for Dex-Cool. They are fully compatible with each other and can be used interchangeably. Of the two, I would recommend the Prestone Extended Life in the yellow jug as it is slightly cheaper and has the Cor-Guard inhibitor package which provides added protection for the water pump. Please let me know if you require anything further.
Sincerely,
Aaron Jones
Prestone Consumer Relations Representative

Phone: 203-731-8191

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hello,

Just for general interest, I wrote Prestone the following and here is there response:

From: William and/or Justina Fyfe [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 5:13 PM
To: Prestone Information
Subject: Dex-cool antifreeze

Hello,
Our owner’s manual states to use DEX-COOL antifreeze, (Prestone’s grey bottle), the label on Prestone’s standard antifreeze, (in the yellow bottle), states that it can be used in any make, any model, and can be mixed with any other antifreeze. Please help clear up this confusion?
Thanks,
Bill
******************************************************************************************************************
Good Afternoon Bill,
Both of the antifreeze products you mentioned will work well in any GM application calling for Dex-Cool. They are fully compatible with each other and can be used interchangeably. Of the two, I would recommend the Prestone Extended Life in the yellow jug as it is slightly cheaper and has the Cor-Guard inhibitor package which provides added protection for the water pump. Please let me know if you require anything further.
Sincerely,
Aaron Jones
Prestone Consumer Relations Representative

Phone: 203-731-8191

Good info. I like getting better protection for less money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts