Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

[ Which alarm system works best in the Slingshot? ]

9K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Austin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What's up everyone? A friend of mine who is a fellow slingshot owner and in the market for an alarm to keep our babies safe just told me about the [brand name-removed] alarm. Does anyone have this particular alarm? If so, how do you like it? Do any of you recommend any alarm systems?

#6 · (Edited)
Do any of you recommend any alarm systems?
Our experience with vehicle alarms today is that hearing one has become so common place where any more most passerby's either ignore them, (snickering thinking the owner themselves accidentally set it off), pranksters like to purposely set off, (also snickering), the determined thief would just ignore or render inoperable , (taking advantage of the aforementioned apathy), where we believe that the picture below is our best anti-molest device we have available to us to us if we feel that our SlingShot is actually in danger, where we just "close and lock the doors", (in a manner of speaking), in association with a good insurance policy! :meh:

Now a question about forum etiquette, why was the brand name censored out of the initial post, but not out of subsequent posts? :confused:

Justina and Bill

#12 · (Edited)
Posts are edited/removed when they don't meet forum guidelines. One reason would be advertising as @Sling ding-a-ling & @TimC mentioned.

I have a Viper brand alarm, professionally installed by a very knowledgeable shop, and it works great to keep people from sitting in it, getting grabby, etc. Regardless of being in poor or rich area, it keeps the self-important people at bay (the proximity chirps are piercing, they don't like the discomfort). It's documented in other threads that things go badly if the install isn't perfect. Other alarms are also covered, including the Polaris OEM solution which is plug-and-play. The good brands all seem to work well, whichever fits your needs best is probably the one to go with.

And as @TimC says, the best deterrent (that we found and documented somewhere here--can't find it--even against gang members) is a camera and the ability to protect oneself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.