Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my drill weekend I was driving my 2019 S model when I was almost T-boned by an Yukon SUV driving at 50 through a red light at about 50mph on his phone. The driver a half a block behind had it on dashcam and I wish I had downloaded it as it is no longer there. I saw something fast in the corner of my eye and slid sideways to impact with my front right tire. The wheel was still attached enough to drive it out of the intersection.
I thought I was lucky (not to be killed but also thought it was just the hood and wheel but a small part of the frame got kinked.

My issue is the Polaris dealer I towed it to (4 different companies to find someone who would) has had the parts backordered for the frame and hood for 3 mos and I am not sure how long I will be walking.... Any idea about parts support? How long is the longest anyone has waited for parts? I am told there are 3 others ahead of me at the same shop.
The repair yard at the Polaris dealer reminds me of the the discarded toys in Rudolf the Red nosed reindeer.

Before giving the just get a new one advice..... The Insurance in CA is going up on these vehicles and is is hard to find anyone who will insure them at any reasonable rate so I decided to repair the 2019 S rather than get into a new vehicle that I might not be able to afford the insurance on... Then again I might not find an insurer with my salvage title if I ever do get it back.

Lastly a shout out to Sam Owens and his videos as having done my own upgrades and maintenance has bonded me to this vehicle to where it pains me to see it in the bone yard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be over $10,000 in labor and is not a job I am at all capable of doing. As the frame is kinked the main parts I am waiting for is the frame and the hood along with the hood underlay? The job will be twice the work of building a new slingshot in that they will have to dismantle the vehicle carefully from the old frame and then assemble it on a new frame. I just hope it is able to run and not leak oil at the end of it all but I spent too much time under her to want to go for a new one. I don't envy them the right angle frame brace job.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They did total the vehicle due to the broken frame. However I have spent enough time under her to want to keep the vehicle and the cost of insurance for a new one in CA is through the roof. With a salvage title I can only get and need liability insurance.

That said my main reason for posting it to hear what the longest wait any readers have had on parts???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts