Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
IIRC, I think I tapped into the red wire powering the radio since it's only powered when the ignition switch has been turned. If it's a digital gauge, it shouldn't add much extra load to the circuit. I'd need to tear my dash apart to get to the gauge wiring to check.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, at least on gen 1, there is a plug dangling behind your radio face. It is for the optional "fog lights" that I have never seen. It is supposed to plug into a switch that doesn't exits on the dash.

Anyway, it has ignition switched (via 10 amp fuse) 12v on one side. If you actually had a switch in the dash, power would go directly to those dangling plugs on the front clip.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, at least on gen 1, there is a plug dangling behind your radio face. It is for the optional "fog lights" that I have never seen. It is supposed to plug into a switch that doesn't exits on the dash.

Anyway, it has ignition switched (via 10 amp fuse) 12v on one side. If you actually had a switch in the dash, power would go directly to those dangling plugs on the front clip.
I'm not sure the Fog Light cables are connected to power. Check your fuse box and make sure that circuit has a fuse and relay to be safe. It normally has a Relay and a 10A fuse. See pic -

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not sure the Fog Light cables are connected to power. Check your fuse box and make sure that circuit has a fuse and relay to be safe. It normally has a Relay and a 10A fuse. See pic -
View attachment 187137
That's my old mind at work. I had completely forgot that a fuse and relay was required to get power up to that phantom connector behind the radio. Once both of those are in place, there is ignition switched power on the Yellow/dk green trace wire on the phantom connector. I highlighted with red for easier view.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's my old mind at work. I had completely forgot that a fuse and relay was required to get power up to that phantom connector behind the radio. Once both of those are in place, there is ignition switched power on the Yellow/dk green trace wire on the phantom

connector. I highlighted with red for easier view.
View attachment 187138
That wire goes from the ground of the trigger side of fog light relay to the fog light. There is no 12v on that wire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Common certifications mlsdev.com/blog/71-development-of-mobile-apps-for-food-delivery-services for web developers are valuable for any aspiring developer. These programs help maintain accurate practices, showcase your qualifications, and show employers that you are self-motivated to learn new skills. They can also provide a fast entry-level position. These certifications are available at technology schools and community colleges. Read on to learn about the various types and how to obtain them. In addition, web development certifications can lead to better career opportunities.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I installed one of those fancy fuse blocks from Slingmods and, at the moment, only have one accessory tied to it, but there's plenty of unused, fused ports that I could use for other things, like guages, both switched and unswitched. Just food for thought...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts