Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know NY isn't the only state with an inspection process, so where are you putting your sticker ???? Motorcycles are supposed to put the inspection sticker on the left front fork. Since the Slingshot does not have forks where are you putting yours ?????

I put mine just in front of the left wheel (yellow sticker)
IMG_6673 (2).JPG

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not in Ca either.
My big concern is with the type of motor in these vehicles. Being they have a automotive engine, this State adds them to their growing list of vehicles that require a smog certificate every 2 years.
See it happening with the sale of the SS taking off. Thust very few legal engine mods.
Remember thoughs inspections when I was stationed at Fort Carson back in the early 70's.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NY doesn't require an emissions test for motorcycles. They just require inspection for lights, mirrors, signals, horn, brakes, ect......

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not in Ca either.
My big concern is with the type of motor in these vehicles. Being they have a automotive engine, this State adds them to their growing list of vehicles that require a smog certificate every 2 years.
You're saying CA will require smog test?

Doesn't sound quite right because as far as I know the motorcycle classification is based on the number of wheels and has nothing to do with the engine.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
:inpain: Again, the OP asked for where people are putting their stickers, not if your state has them or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Louisiana we just keep ours with our registration . Good thing you registered yours already in New York before they say it need front forks to be classified as a motorcycle lol.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
:inpain: Again, the OP asked for where people are putting their stickers, not if your state has them or not.

Kip, you have to forgive these guys..... They get distracted when they see the overwhelming beauty of my missus in my Avatar. :beaver:

They get worked up like a bunch of sailors that just got back from six months at sea and I can't blame them for it either. I'm one lucky guy !!!!! :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
;););)
Are we expected to back read all these posts AND stay on topic/ in line?!

Sorry I'm not 100 percent. Between my SS showing up yesterday/not picking it up until Friday, and Christmas preparations, combined with a heavy work schedule, I'm not firing on all cylinders.

Merry Christmas and well wishes Kip!

I think I'm off topic...

·
Registered
267 Posts
NH also requires safety inspection sticker on left fork tube. The dealer stuck mine on the lower left a frame control arm. It is a small sticker and fits there well.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Not to get back on topic but my dealer was awesome (Valley Cycle Center in Winchester,VA) enough to put the inspection on a metal tag and, using a frame bolt, mounted it here:
20141224_080442.jpg

I did see one that was stuck on the outside of the tub sort of near the VIN and it wasn't very straight. I think with my OCD it would have driven me crazy every time I got into it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
;););)
Are we expected to back read all these posts AND stay on topic/ in line?!

Sorry I'm not 100 percent. Between my SS showing up yesterday/not picking it up until Friday, and Christmas preparations, combined with a heavy work schedule, I'm not firing on all cylinders.

Merry Christmas and well wishes Kip!

I think I'm off topic...
No problem, Happy Holidays. :)

I think that the part of the frame where the VIN is makes a lot of sense to have it there. There's already a lot of valuable information about the SS on those two stickers that work in tandem with each other that it would make sense to put it there.

I'm always going down to our Secretary of State (DMV) and asking things about the Slingshot I figure inquiring minds (like my own!) will want to know, usually they just say "Oh, it's just a three-wheeler," but I always check to see if they say anything special about the SS that makes it different, like where to put inspection stickers (which Michigan does not actually require), so I see no harm in just asking when you apply for one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts