Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Where do you stand on purchasing of a Slingshot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't justify the payment until after my Focus ST is paid off so I'm going to throw a little more on each payment to pay it off faster and hopefully I'll find a really reasonably priced low mileage SS shortly after I send my last payment for the ST.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was gonna take the money that I make off my rzr sale and some of my end of the year bonus and put a good deposit down on a slingshot. Prefer to look first, but I am getting the itch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm in MN and still haven't heard from a couple dealers I contacted before the show. I can't justify buying one this fall and then putting it in storage for the whole winter. Hopefully I'll be able to find one in the spring!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I'm in MN and still haven't heard from a couple dealers I contacted before the show. I can't justify buying one this fall and then putting it in storage for the whole winter. Hopefully I'll be able to find one in the spring!
Here's the justification:
1. Mods
2. Paint and trim
3. Mods

:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just loaned myself 20k to buy a new Kubota BX25D tractor. If I would have only known. Oh well, I'm sticking money into the bank and selling stuff at an alarming rate. My KTM 950 Adventure sold last week. And my Lotus Seven project will soon be gone too. I hope to have 10k by Winter. I may finance the rest but I hate to do that. Just bought a new Jeep MOAB for my 50th last year. I'm a little bummed out that I may have to wait until next Spring or Summer to get a Slingshot.

SamM

·
Registered
6 Posts
:):)My Wife and I really love the SS! The problem I have is not enough $$ to justify getting one right now. I purchased a new Nissan Titan last year and a new Suzuki Burgman 400 two months ago so I am stretched out! We were planning on getting a Can-Am Spyder RT after we finish paying the truck and the Burgman but after seeing the videos of the SS we are reconsidering the Spyder. It sucks that it won't be for another five years before we can even consider buying a SS. :banghead: Anyone want to take over my truck and Burgman payments? :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Trade in the Burgman, or sell it. I actually bought a new Honda Forza for
going back and forth to work. Have been thinking the last few days
if I really need that once my SS is here. I would for sure sell the scoot if
it was one or the other.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
See... the Slingshot has already MADE you money!

At least that is how my ex pitched similar stuff to me back in the day.

Anyhoo, congrats on becoming one of the insane around here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trade in the Burgman, or sell it. I actually bought a new Honda Forza for
going back and forth to work. Have been thinking the last few days
if I really need that once my SS is here. I would for sure sell the scoot if
it was one or the other.
Thanks. A lot to think about. Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, NJ said they are getting some in October. We'll see how my Wife and I feel about the SS after a test ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spoke to a local dealer the day after the announcement, could have been first in line to buy with a $1k depo, but with an October release here in Massachusetts,,, I may not even be able to ride it at purchase to enjoy due to weather! Damn New England Winters!!! :(

But I WILL be buying one, Spring 15' at the latest. Who knows, I may just bite the bullet come Fall

1 - 20 of 57 Posts