Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I’m new here.
I went to the Polaris Website and noticed that you can configure and build your Slingshot on the website, but I looks like you can only choose a dealer there. Is that just for the pic up, or do I have to actually buy the Slingshot form the dealer that they recommend?

I’m interested in the entry level S Model which is the most important extra that I need ?
I purchased my 2018 just as the new 2019's were coming out in July 2019. Got a great discount and picked up a 2018 SL with lots of extra's and it only had 300 miles on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We put down a deposit on Thursday Dec 17th, 2020 (I believe) three days after Polaris released the 2021 auto models. On Valentine's Day Feb 14th, 2021 we were told our SS was in the local warehouse waiting on Ride Command, paddle shifter, lost/missing/incomparable VIN # to make Appleplay operate plus dealership forgot to order an essential module (well over $500) for GPS, sad. Turns out it was Polaris and dealership lack of training or communication that created an additional almost one week delay in delivery. We finally received delivery three weeks or so ago. 500 mile oil change took two full days (I understand scheduling and phone calls when scheduled appointments go array but we received no updates or phone calls. No matter how we emphasized communication is important). This lack of updates or returning messages left on dealers salesmans desk phone became annoying when salesperson told us he didn't have anything constructive to say so he just didn't return our calls.

We'll have to be very aware of dealerships that sell/service low volume SS sales. It appears very likely the low volume dealer's don't chose to send enough Techs to Polaris Tec school for continuing training.

We'll need to reconsider who we should use for regular scheduled maintenance vs. mechanical issues... if we can believe in a dealer doing the correct work the first time like a professional. Thanks for listening to me. It's been a true test for us.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, I’m new here.
I went to the Polaris Website and noticed that you can configure and build your Slingshot on the website, but I looks like you can only choose a dealer there. Is that just for the pic up, or do I have to actually buy the Slingshot form the dealer that they recommend?

I’m interested in the entry level S Model which is the most important extra that I need ?
When I bought mine, I googled slingshot dealers near me. the closest one had none in stock so I went to the next one. this was last June. Everyone was getting out of lock down and you couldn't find a skate board. when I got there the delivery truck just showed up, as they were unloading it I seen a blue one and I told the salesperson, "I'll take that one" He asked me "Do you want to know what it comes with?" I said No, I like blue. Ended up I picked a nice SL. I had the dealer put the "Weekender" package in it and I got the 203HP upgrade. You don't get much with the S, Check out the SL or the R before you make up your mind. If I had to choose one upgrade it would be the upgraded electronics with the back up camera and navigation

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So …. since I contacted a couple of dealers in my are and they didn’t seam sincere about actually/realistic shipping/deliver times , I called Polaris and they said 3 to 5 months for when you order with your dealer now. The dealers are talking about 4-6 weeks... Am I correct to assume that the the dealers are try8ing to to get your deposits asap and will then let you wait the whole summer !?
@EjFord would really like to get a Slingshot right now, but it might be worth waiting till the fall / winter for better prices on the 2021 models or even put in an order for a 2022 model to get it in time for next summer. I can’t see myself paying NEW Prices for a USED model or putting down a deposit for a 2021 model because I want it for the summer just to receive a 2021 model on Dec 31st .. lol

@Kep please keep up updated on your deliver day !!!??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
When I bought mine, I googled slingshot dealers near me. the closest one had none in stock so I went to the next one. this was last June. Everyone was getting out of lock down and you couldn't find a skate board. when I got there the delivery truck just showed up, as they were unloading it I seen a blue one and I told the salesperson, "I'll take that one" He asked me "Do you want to know what it comes with?" I said No, I like blue. Ended up I picked a nice SL. I had the dealer put the "Weekender" package in it and I got the 203HP upgrade. You don't get much with the S, Check out the SL or the R before you make up your mind. If I had to choose one upgrade it would be the upgraded electronics with the back up camera and navigation
Nice … with the trigger finger !! lol
( wish I could pull the trigger )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Sooo... after being told by dealers , I can get the Slingshot in 5-6 Weeks and then confirming with Polaris this may be more like 5-6 months , I ’m putting down a deposit with a Dealer in Arizona that claims to be the biggest Slingshot dealer and can get the Slingshot in 4 Weeks …:oops:. I hope it’s not just a trick to get a customer to order the slight shot to get more of an allocation for their dealership . It sounds to good to be true , but I’m desperate .. over all the deposit suppose to be part of a promotion and can be only $100 and is refundable if not satisfied with the delivery times.:censored: I will keep you guys updated !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine ordered May 8th showed up at the dealer June 8th, accessories will be coming in over the next month or so. The Powersports dealer in Sioux Falls, SD is one of the biggest in the region.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mine ordered May 8th showed up at the dealer June 8th, accessories will be coming in over the next month or so. The Powersports dealer in Sioux Falls, SD is one of the biggest in the region.
Nice ! Thank you, that gives me hope !! So it’s possible ...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts