Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new here.
I went to the Polaris Website and noticed that you can configure and build your Slingshot on the website, but I looks like you can only choose a dealer there. Is that just for the pic up, or do I have to actually buy the Slingshot form the dealer that they recommend?

I’m interested in the entry level S Model which is the most important extra that I need ?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Hi, I’m new here.
I went to the Polaris Website and noticed that you can configure and build your Slingshot on the website, but I looks like you can only choose a dealer there. Is that just for the pic up, or do I have to actually buy the Slingshot form the dealer that they recommend?

I’m interested in the entry level S Model which is the most important extra that I need ?
Where are you located? I would find a dealer and go in a visit them. The Slingshot market is just NUTS at the moment. I you list your location some of us might be able to point you toward a good dealer. Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you located? I would find a dealer and go in a visit them. The Slingshot market is just NUTS at the moment. I you list your location some of us might be able to point you toward a good dealer. Welcome to the 'World of Slingshot Insanity'

Ok,
I’m located in Los Angeles

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Before Polaris even started shipping Slingshots to texas, I used the Polaris website to find dealers within about 100 miles of my house and then contacted each dealer using Polaris' website asking them for their All-inclusive out-the-door price. Eachd ealer contacted me via email and most gave me their "best" price, but some wanted exorbitant deposits, in some cases non-refundable (I don't even know if that was legal) and I quickly decided which dealer/offer I liked. I then drove the 110 miles to that dealer and gave them my deposit and I got my Slingshot 10 months later after Texas finally allowed Slingshot sales.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you visited the dealers in your area...
Only one so fare ( who also rents out Sling shots ) who offered me some used ones he rented out before for a MSRP lol .. I was done after that.. so I wanted to buy directly from Polaris.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Polaris should be releasing their 2022 model info in late July. Any dealer stock should drop in price come September or so.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
You have to buy from a dealer or buy used.

I do not believe that Polaris is accepting special orders and you will have to be satisfied with whatever Polaris sends to the dealer, but you will want to verify that by talking with a dealer. It appears that you may be fortunate enough to live in an area where you actually may have a choice of dealers to choose from?

Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you can go to a Polaris dealer, put a deposit down and order the slingshot you want. That is what I did 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago Polaris sent me an email congratulating me on my ordering a slingshot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I do not believe that Polaris is accepting special orders and you will have to be satisfied with whatever Polaris sends to the dealer, but you will want to verify that by talking with a dealer. It appears that you may be fortunate enough to live in an area where you actually may have a choice of dealers to choose from?

Bill
Ok, will go on a journey and will report back where on what I end up with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, you can go to a Polaris dealer, put a deposit down and order the slingshot you want. That is what I did 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago Polaris sent me an email congratulating me on my ordering a slingshot.

Ok nice congrats, did Polaris inform you now when the estimated delivery will be ?

View attachment 185591

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Being close to 'model' change time it may not be time wise good to try to order something special. The 'build' a Slingshot on the Polaris web sight gives you an opportunity to figure out what type of price point you will be at with the options you want. When I bought in 2015 you had choices ... RED or gray, and most of us waited 8 plus weeks to get the ride we wanted...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Are the dealers low on stock because they are selling fast, or is it just another example of the (COVID) times where all vehicle lots are depleted? It appears that our closest dealer still has the same SlingShots in stock as when we took ours in to get the latest recall done a couple of months ago?

Bill

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Being close to 'model' change time it may not be time wise good to try to order something special. The 'build' a Slingshot on the Polaris web sight gives you an opportunity to figure out what type of price point you will be at with the options you want. When I bought in 2015 you had choices ... RED or gray, and most of us waited 8 plus weeks to get the ride we wanted...
I placed my deposit on a 2015 Slingshot Base model in August 2014, but Texas delayed sales until they reclassified the Slingshot as an Autocycle. The DMV was going to allow sales while the laws were being chnaged, but the head of the Texas Senate Transportation committee had a hissy fit and told the DMV to wait. I finally got mine in June 2015. My dealer had planned on using the first Base model as a deom unit until Polaris told them no more new Slingshots until they sold what they had. I already had an agreed upon price, so the dealer gave me a free $499 windshield since they had put 150 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts