1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Here I am!

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
It would have been cool to see what a turbo SS would have done. It probably still would have been smokes from a standing start like that.

We had 3-4 pretty stellar Subies in my group at the last track event. One was dyno'd over 400hp at the wheel. The Slingshot was quite a bit quicker then all of them. I must admit, the Alpha big brake kit really helped. I was braking 2 cones deeper then most people.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It would have been cool to see what a turbo SS would have done. It probably still would have been smokes from a standing start like that.

We had 3-4 pretty stellar Subies in my group at the last track event. One was dyno'd over 400hp at the wheel. The Slingshot was quite a bit quicker then all of them. I must admit, the Alpha big brake kit really helped. I was braking 2 cones deeper then most people.

The slingshot with our shocks and good tires is hard to beat when it comes to corners. I've pushed my NA sling harder and faster through corners than cars costing 70K more

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
The slingshot with our shocks and good tires is hard to beat when it comes to corners. I've pushed my NA sling harder and faster through corners than cars costing 70K more

Yeah, the N/A Slingshot starts losing a lot of ground at over 90mph going straight, but the corners is where she shines. I've heard a lot of trash talking around here about how much "better" real cars are. After I swapped out for Bilstein shocks and sticky rubber, I've watched much "better" cars, get much SMALLER in my mirrors from corner to corner. Better? Yeah sure..... Faster? Not so much...... At least not until the road straightens out. ;)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
whats with that head start and why the added dead weight with the passenger...

i was pulling away from a 2015 wrx in third gear when i was stock.
Here is my guess...

They were just out there to have fun and see what number they could hit. I am sure he had no intention of setting any records or beating anyone. He most likely didn't understand that flag girl and left early by accident.

i wonder what intake it was running

The Slingshot is completely stock according to the video. It stated that the Subie has an intake, exhaust, and tune.

Here is their website...

SHIFT-S3CTOR - Roll Racing and Trap Speed Events

They state that 35 motors have been blown at their 1/2 mile events. YAY!!! ha

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
whats with that head start and why the added dead weight with the passenger...

i was pulling away from a 2015 wrx in third gear when i was stock.
Actually I too slightly pulled on a new WRX at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear. And yes, we were racing. :p

He would have eaten me from a dig and above 90 though. Had him in the corners......
Between these two, I think the driver will be the biggest factor. I think Trav is probably right about them just having fun.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,819 Posts
Maaaan the altitude in Colorado kills the SS so bad. WRX's can walk away from me. It's really the only reason I am considering the turbo. Side note, I have a buddy of mine that goes to those events quite a bit and has a GTR that does over 200MPH.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Maaaan the altitude in Colorado kills the SS so bad. WRX's can walk away from me. It's really the only reason I am considering the turbo. Side note, I have a buddy of mine that goes to those events quite a bit and has a GTR that does over 200MPH.
Oh yeah! I remember being up there on the highway. Forget WRX's I was afraid of the Hyundai Elantra with 4 passengers. :hilarious:

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,819 Posts
Oh yeah! I remember being up there on the highway. Forget WRX's I was afraid of the Hyundai Elantra with 4 passengers. :hilarious:
LMAO! It's not that bad. I don't fear anything that doesn't have forced induction. No turbo, supercharger, or nitrous and it will be pretty competitive.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
LMAO! It's not that bad. I don't fear anything that doesn't have forced induction. No turbo, supercharger, or nitrous and it will be pretty competitive.
It was that bad going through the rockies. It was seriously hurting. I'd down shift to 3rd at 60 and scream the engine only to make it half way around another vehicle in what seemed like 5 or 6 seconds. They looked at me like I was a homeless crazy guy, screaming as I walk slowly down the street. I really was getting outgunned by family cars up there in 4th gear. It was a shame. If I lived over there I would definitely have forced induction. I can't believe how much better it is down here at around sea level. Night and day.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,819 Posts
It was that bad going through the rockies. It was seriously hurting. I'd down shift to 3rd at 60 and scream the engine only to make it half way around another vehicle in what seemed like 5 or 6 seconds. They looked at me like I was a homeless crazy guy, screaming as I walk slowly down the street. I really was getting outgunned by family cars up there in 4th gear. It was a shame. If I lived over there I would definitely have forced induction. I can't believe how much better it is down here at around sea level. Night and day.
I know I know...I just can't pull the trigger...maybe when the warranty is done. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts