Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the 2022 model will be out? I'm curious on the colors and specs. No dealers around have any ss's in stock. I'll probably have to order a new one and would like to know what's going to available. Thanks Todd

618 Posts
Anyone know when the 2022 model will be out? I'm curious on the colors and specs. No dealers around have any ss's in stock. I'll probably have to order a new one and would like to know what's going to available. Thanks Todd
I don't have this on authority, but as I've been led to believe, Polaris is holding off until we are actually in 2022 to release it, as the backlog for 2021's is their primary focus currently.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hopefully they will have fixed the current issues before selling the 2022 with the same old issues.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
What are the current issues, and what should I be on the lookout for? Thanks Todd
My recommendation would be to get a used 2015 - 2019 ... Lots of them out there with very low miles and fair prices. If you wait until 'winter' prices will drop quite a bit. The new Polaris engine and auto trans have lots of issues. I have a 2016 and have over 87,000 miles and runs great.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
If you wait until 'winter' prices will drop quite a bit. The new Polaris engine and auto trans have lots of issues. I have a 2016 and have over 87,000 miles and runs great.
Being content with our 2015, and nothing so far has caught our eye enough to cause us to consider trading ours in, I must admit that I have not been following very closely the development of Generation Two SlingShots. But I thought that I have been still in touch enough to recognize if they were having major issues, I guess I need to be paying more attention?

Bill

·
Registered
163 Posts
My recommendation would be to get a used 2015 - 2019 ... Lots of them out there with very low miles and fair prices. If you wait until 'winter' prices will drop quite a bit. The new Polaris engine and auto trans have lots of issues. I have a 2016 and have over 87,000 miles and runs great.
I agree with you. Considering how bad most Polaris dealers are fixing Slingshots I sure would not want a brand new engine that Polaris just designed. The 2.4 liter GM engine has proven reliability. You can also save at least $10,000 if you do your homework.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Supply chain and delivery problems are expected to last through 2022 according to everyone. I wouldn't even venture to guess when anything new will be out, let alone delivered.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was at the factory in Alabama 3 weeks ago and they aren't putting out anything on the 22's. My 2021 R didn't arrive until Jan 5th.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Our 2021 S model autodrive with paddle shifter, Slingshade, tall windscreen, Ride Command Tek Pkg 1, h & c seats has worked as expected for well over 2k miles riding in the Colorado mountains, city and Interstate Highways.
Going in Friday to dealership for axel recall inspection. We understand Slingshot recalls after watching the Forum prior to purchasing. They'll order the part and schedule us if needed after short inspection on Fri am. They've been pretty attentive with us since we're new purchasers.
All in all no major complaints. The SS is truly a smile making machine. We smile alot as do all the folks staring and waving at us !
You'll really enjoy whatever machine you purchase.

·
Registered
2021 Slingshot R
93 Posts
Our 2021 S model autodrive with paddle shifter, Slingshade, tall windscreen, Ride Command Tek Pkg 1, h & c seats has worked as expected for well over 2k miles riding in the Colorado mountains, city and Interstate Highways.
Going in Friday to dealership for axel recall inspection. We understand Slingshot recalls after watching the Forum prior to purchasing. They'll order the part and schedule us if needed after short inspection on Fri am. They've been pretty attentive with us since we're new purchasers.
All in all no major complaints. The SS is truly a smile making machine. We smile alot as do all the folks staring and waving at us !
You'll really enjoy whatever machine you purchase.
Let me know how things go friday. i am hoping that my dealer has the parts since they are 220 round trip away and my appointment is the 31st. i have a big trip starting in mid sept and am a little nervous about the turn-a-round

·
Registered
20 Posts
Last year's details came out in Dec for 2021. I ordered 2021 (sight unseen) in Jan 2021 and received it in 1st part of March.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't stand it any longer. I pulled the trigger this morining and ordered a 2021 R Limited 5 speed. My dealer said it will be here sometime in November.
Any new news on your SS order? I received my congratulations email on Aug 17 and was told mine will be in around the first week of October. No vin as of yet, but all my added ons are in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I orderd mine 2 weeks ago. My dealer called me yesterday to confirm the order and advised it will be here between November 1st and the 15th. When I ordered it he told me the order time was 3 months from Polaris and two weeks after that to get it to his shop.

I would have waited until January to order a new one, but I wanted the Neon Fade color. After seeing one in person at a cruise last Saturday, I'm glad I ordered it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i passed my recall inspection, vacation is in 2 weeks
Had my 2021 R LE inspection done today as well; passed ! But interesting conservation with the dealer. They have inspected apox 7 units and 4 have failed. Ordered the kits to repair and checked them (recall kits) when they came in and everyone of the (replacement) recall kits failed as well. Polaris had them send them back and now the recall kits are on back order. Make sure the dealer checks for space on the the recall parts as well. Everyone of the repair kits had one stud that failed. Glad they caught it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts