Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is what the closest dealer to me sent me in an email.
"We have received deposits on 2 out of the 4 we are receiving. If all goes to plan the Slingshot should be hitting my showroom sometime this September."

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was told September or Oct , From my dealer in Illinois . I believe that by the end of next week we and the dealers will have more info on this . I would think Polaris has a plan in place and knows just when they will hit the show room floors right now but were not privy to that detail .

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a good friend that works there so he said anything with the word slingshot in it he will keep me posted. I know the owner of the shop got one coming too

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mid-Late October for everyone. Plan is to get all dealers 3 to start with (one being a demo). Then pre-sold will be next. Restocking dealer's initial 3 will probably take a few months. For us in WI that means after the new year. Get your deposits in!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I was told by my dealer the beginning or middle of September.
I am finding that hard to believe now after reading so many conflicting rumors.
Also, all of the accessories listed show no availability until October so that makes the most sense.

However, it was said without hesitation or second guessing so I am hopeful he knew something others do not.
He had also mentioned that dealers will not even receive sales kits or accessory ordering details until the middle of August.

·
You could've had a V8
2,361 Posts
They will definitely be hedging their bets and give conservative dates (my dealer said "around the 3rd week in Oct) so don't think anything said is gospel. Same for performance and economy estimates.

I would bet Polaris would love for some of these to show up in the financials for the 3rd quarter so I wouldn't be surprised to see some delivered before the end of Sept. - if all goes as planned.

Having said all that... it is the first year of a completely new model. Many many launches have hiccups which can push dates back a month or more. Don't be surprised if deliveries get bumped to November.

Hell, the 2013 SHELBYs were delayed and all they got was a new motor/drivetrain and a few other bits.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I would bet Polaris would love for some of these to show up in the financials for the 3rd quarter so I wouldn't be surprised to see some delivered before the end of Sept. - if all goes as planned.
I absolutely agree with you!
I believe they have been in full production for a while now just with the number of units already being driven in the demo videos at the Polaris testing grounds.
September sales release looks real promising to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard sometime in Nov

Just in time for winter which means garage time for those unlucky to live in a cold climate. Polaris might hold off on deliveries to customers living in the south and try to fill orders to the northern customers first before winter sets in. They know dealers in warmer climates will be able to sell them year round.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts