Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If you have 255's you can go up to 275, thats what I did with my previous '16. . On my current SLR, which came with a 305, I'm running a 315.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
When in doubt about what size tire you can fit on a given wheel width, always check your tire manufacturer's website as most manufacturers will post recommended minimum, maximum and ideal wheel widths for each tire size. Not all models/sizes from the same manufacturer will be designed for the same wheel widths and some manufacturers will recommend a different range of acceptable wheel widths for a given tire size.
Tire profile ratios can also affect the recommended wheel width for a given tire width. A lower [profile tire will generally be harder to install, but may also allow a wider tire width to be mounted on a smaller wheel width than would be acceptable for the same tire width in a higher profile tire.
Checking forums for wheel widths and sizes other users have used will generally provide reliable info based on user experiences, but may also result in using a tire in an application outside the manufacturer's design recommendations, possibly resulting in less than favorable operation or denial of warranty coverage, so it's always best to check what the manufacturer of your chosen tire recommends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts