Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I assume since the tires are a larger size that would be necessary if that is where the calibration is done. Not sure if your response was a statement saying the dealer will do the adjustment or if it was a question.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You would need it for the speed to be correct. But I will just use my phone to give me an idea of the difference. I can do the calculation in my head.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front base at 65mph. change to the SL size your actual speed is 67.34 mph
Rear base at 65mph . change to the SL size your actual speed is 69.43 mph

Cool thing is the base tire is wider! the Sl size you loose .39
Yea. The last page says to have the dealer program it. Im sure it is only a speed correction issue. The tires are evenly taller so the sensors would be reading them the same as they would the smaller tires. One thing is for sure. Ill let you know by the weekend because ill have them on by then!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Front base at 65mph. change to the SL size your actual speed is 67.34 mph
Rear base at 65mph . change to the SL size your actual speed is 69.43 mph

Cool thing is the base tire is wider! the Sl size you loose .39
HAHA SLow lovers! Titanium is wider which means it's better! Winning!!!

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Here is the instructions with the wheel kit

Thanks for the info on this Rabtech.

I am still lost on this "clevis". Are you replacing the Titanium clevis for this new one? What does it exactly do?

@Kip - Can you order just the clevis?

I am planning on getting new wheels and tires. They would be very similar to the SL, but wider in the back and possibly the front.

Reactions: Mike Mtl

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanks for the info on this Rabtech.

I am still lost on this "clevis". Are you replacing the Titanium clevis for this new one? What does it exactly do?

@Kip - Can you order just the clevis?

I am planning on getting new wheels and tires. They would be very similar to the SL, but wider in the back and possibly the front.
If you're unsure of anything, the best thing to do is to go directly to your dealer... before you take off your old set.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
If you're unsure of anything, the best thing to do is to go directly to your dealer... before you take off your old set.
Dealer is 3 hours away unfortunately. :mad:

·
Registered
792 Posts
So the red SL's rear tire, the one that counts since it's reponsible for propulsion, is roughly 7% faster than the base? (65+7%=69.55)
That's a signifigant amount! Be nice for fuel economy too.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually have to work today for a while. I should be done around 3. When I get home ill swap them out and take pictures. And when im done ill take it for a good trashing and let you all know if I get any traction control warnings. I know I wont but ill make sure. And ill give the indicated speed amd actual speed at 20 50 70 mph

Reactions: TravAZ

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you happen to know the lug nut size and pitch thread size? Thank you much
Ill see today for ya. They send them because they are painted the color of the new rims.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
So the red SL's rear tire, the one that counts since it's reponsible for propulsion, is roughly 7% faster than the base? (65+7%=69.55)
That's a signifigant amount! Be nice for fuel economy too.
Faster top speed in 4th gear unless it's limited by drag......Slower to accelerate due to taller gearing.:cigar:

Honestly, by the seat of the pants.....Meh......It's such a small difference, I don't think anyone would notice. Driver for driver, it's anyone's race. Gray still wins in my book. Thanks for all the pics and info Rab. Keep them coming.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
So...Even though Polaris says to get your dealer to reprogram it, Polaris does not offer any kind of program to compensate for the size difference though digital wrench (per my master Polaris technician and from Polaris tech support) and no, you cant flash a base model to an SL if anyone has successfully gotten their dealer to reflash their base let me know because Polaris is clueless

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So...Even though Polaris says to get your dealer to reprogram it, Polaris does not offer any kind of program to compensate for the size difference though digital wrench (per my master Polaris technician and from Polaris tech support) and no, you cant flash a base model to an SL if anyone has successfully gotten their dealer to reflash their base let me know because Polaris is clueless
So what you are saying is if I did drive it to my dealer and ask them PER THEIR INSTRUCTION on the last page they couldn't do the update anyway????

·
Registered
86 Posts
dealer was going to deliver my base with all the extras....until he called me this morning stating that Polaris informed them not to let the base go with the larger wheels until they can update the software.....which they cannot yet do as the dealer has not received anything from Polaris. Large wheels now coming off and stock going back on...for now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts