Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to take mine to Harrahs in NC. Nice little ride threw the mountains on the way up there.

·
Registered
843 Posts
By trip you mean just a ride or something takes 1-2 days? For a day ride maybe Mont-Tremblant, Québec...very touristic place lost in wood!

For days ride maybe go see my US friends at lake George or Washington Mount!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By trip you mean just a ride or something takes 1-2 days? For a day ride maybe Mont-Tremblant, Québec...very touristic place lost in wood!

For days ride maybe go see my US friends at lake George or Washington Mount!
Sorry should have been more specific, I was thinking more like a weekend trip (1-2days).

·
Registered
414 Posts
Shenandoah Valley. Cruise wine country and take a ride on Skyline Drive. Seems like a perfect place to log some miles and it's only a couple hours away.

Also thinking about heading west and getting into the mountains on the VA / WV border. Drove those in my car and had a blast. Should be amazing in a SS.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My first ride will be 45 miles home from the dealer, sort of a mini break in period at highway speeds. Then around town to break in some more, trying to hold myself back from unleasing the beast.
Then I will probably go to some of our state parks nearby. Each time pressing a little harder.
I want to shake down first before I go long distance and full bore. But one thing I know is at what ever speed I go and where ever I go I will have a grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My first ride will be the 40 minute trip home from the dealer! It's a cool little drive from Chesapeake to Providence Forge.
I'm going to be trailering mine back home in an enclosed, just due to it being 130miles from my house to get it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
After login several hundred miles I'll head down through Napa wine country. Then make our way over to the coast up the coast hiway. There's a great place called Shelter Cove. You go up and over several mountain ranges. There are Roosevelt elk along the way. Excellent rooms and food to be had. Black Sand Beach. Surf fishing for rock fish. Then back out to the coast road. Make my way back home driving along ClearLake. Then a fast cruise down I-5 to the house. Plan on a 4-5 day trip.:) :greedy:

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Shenandoah Valley. Cruise wine country and take a ride on Skyline Drive. Seems like a perfect place to log some miles and it's only a couple hours away.

Also thinking about heading west and getting into the mountains on the VA / WV border. Drove those in my car and had a blast. Should be amazing in a SS.
I will be taking the Skyline Drive the day I pick it up since it will be right down the road. Then cruise back through WV/VA.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This year if I have time after breaking her in. I will
Go to Hocking Hills Ohio. We call it the mini Gap.
Next year I will for sure go to Deals Gap. I just
Put up a vote on which month we could all try to
Meet up down there. Would be a great time!

·
Registered
426 Posts
After break-in, like mid next summer....Pennsylvania to northern Idaho. With many sites along the way, of course, probably take a month or better, sooooo looking forward to it. :happy:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Mine will be a short 1 hour break-in ride to Athens GA on the backroads of Hwy 52 and some gentle mountains and low speed touring. a nice 200+ mile trip to break her in carefully! Than a few more north Ga cruises until she is broke in well and we are comfortable with the vehicle. Then maybe a longer freeway trip to Kentucky or down to Tampa to visit friends. By then she should be broke in well! We will share the ride so we both feel comfortable with the SS. Looking forward to lots of great cruising!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Would like it to be all of the mountain roads in central CO where I spend summers. But I take delivery in FL and as much as I think I'll like the SS, I don't think the cross country between them would be comfortable. I'm thinking I need a second SS next spring.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts