Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Q1 double, and for some reason I feel like they are a little higher then stock.
Stupid me didn't meassure before installing.
Can anyone tell me the stock hieght and best place to meassure so that I can make sure mine isn't raised.

Also,
Can I lower front and back any without risking the belt to get loose/tight and cause issues?
Please help!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Check your ground clearance (from the ground to the bottom of the frame rails, I assume). Per the Polaris website, ground clearance should be 5.0". Once you know your ground clearance, you'll know whether to raise or lower your coilover height adjustment ring.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I have Bilstein coilovers and din't think to measure my stock settings before I switched. I was originally thinking about ordering the QA1 units and springs separately and putting them together myself, but ended up joining a Group Buy for the Bilsteins, presumably already setup fort he Slingshot.
Did you order your QA1 shocks and springs and build your own? If you bought them already assembled from a vendor, Id' expect them to be appropriately adjusted as delivered. If you do wan to change the height setting, it should only take a few turns of the spring nut. Be sure to keep an eye on your tires for any unusual wear since changing ride height can have an effect on suspension geometry and tire wear.
You might try searching for QA1 to see what others might have posted about their experience.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I got mine from hahns group buy. Per him it is pre adjusted.

I'll search up the forums. I don't mind changing the height but my biggest concern is the rear belt. Did you lower the rear? If so how much without causing any issues to the belt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just installed my Q1 double, and for some reason I feel like they are a little higher then stock.
Stupid me didn't meassure before installing.
Can anyone tell me the stock hieght and best place to meassure so that I can make sure mine isn't raised.

Also,
Can I lower front and back any without risking the belt to get loose/tight and cause issues?
Please help!
my ss is 5.5" in the front and 5" in back......put on my alpha/jri coil overs and within a 1/8" of stock adj. just a tad lower...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts